Red Dwarf X

I'm going in with an open mind. I actually didn't mind BTE, wasn't as good but it was still entertaining. I think the issue will be if they're still writing them as late twenties to early thirties. They need to be writing the characters at the age of the actors or it's just going to be sad :LOL:

was there any explanation of how Holly went from Norman to Hattie and who is playing it this time round.

The clips look fine although Rimmer and Lister are looking a bit past it. Cat is still looking ok and Kryten's new face looks odd. But im up for it. Loved all the series apart from back to earth.

At the start of season three, in Backwards, a fast star wars style scrolling intro explains the change of Lovett into Haydridge, basically.....

After using the Holly Hop Drive in Parallel Universe, Holly changed his appearance in respect of Hilly (the female computer).

As regards the actor, Lovett left after being offered a lower pay.

People are going on about the characters looking old, well, even in space, people age, they are not immortal, what matters is the scripts, if the stories are good, it should be back to how it should be.

Last edited:
Not sure if they have teamed up for this series, at least one of them will be doing it, let's hope that it's the old team of Grant, Naylor and Ed Bye.

I really loved Red Dwarf well the early ones, they were pretty clever and very funny. But after a while I just could not take to the latest versions. They became tired and not funny. I still like the early ones, they still make me laugh.

I loved it back in the day.Smoke me a kipper

And if your our universe's Rimmer, its Stoke Me A Clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

Currently watching 'Polymorph' on Dave. One of my favourite episodes.

Half way through the first episode.....the jury is still out ;0)

I quite enjoyed it - it did pick up in the second half. A shame Holly is still missing as that added to the series.

Yes, definitely picked up in the second half as you say. No Holly is a shame, but still seemed to be missing........something...

Actually, I wasn't disappointed. I smiled a lot and even laughed out loud on a few occasions. They've definitely taken things back to the style of the earlier series and it's all the better for it.

Looks like a new ship's computer next week, not too convinced from the teaser though.

I thought it was good too and definitely more of the old style. Enjoyed it and looking forward to more :cool: I've always thought that Red Dwarfe is always better second time around :) DVD's already on order.....

old school formula, I actually laughed, and didn't cringe too much
the cast still look good for the part
no complaints here :)

Yes, they seemed to carry it off rather well and they didn't look too made up.

really enjoyed it ... as you say its back to the old school style of the dwarf ......not sure about the ships computer next week tho ....time will tell

Hadn't realised it came on already, thanks! I'll try as post my thoughts. Loved this series bar the last series. It'll be interesting how it feels now we are in a totally different era. Or it'll just take me back to my younger days and ill enjoy it the same!

Now if that had said BBC2 instead of Dave I might have have given it half a chance...

Only time will tell though

I really enjoyed it last night

well Dave is named after Dave Lister and they've put a lot of money into it,
the original writers are both back together on this, its filmed in front of a studio audience, all the ingredients are there, lets give them a chance :cool:

Loved it!

I honestly thought they were too old and past it but I was wrong. Looking forward to the next episode...

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Yes I liked it, lets hope it gets better from here.

D

Yes, definitely picked up in the second half as you say. No Holly is a shame, but still seemed to be missing........something...

the ressurected crew, holly, kochanski, the word smeg in nearly every sentence... Rimmers updated hard light clothes (he had gone back to the old soft light green ones)

the ressurected crew, holly, kochanski, the word smeg in nearly every sentence... Rimmers updated hard light clothes (he had gone back to the old soft light green ones)

Sorry, but, hated the resurrected crew (Dave is supposed to be the last human alive), hated Kochanski (it's supposed to be the boys from the Dwarf, not the boys and an irritating, posh, stuck up missus who is as annoying as Rimmers Hammond Organ Recital), and they didn't use Smeg in nearly every sentence, it was part and parcel of Dave's vocab, like Chricton on Farscape saying frack.

Admittedly, Holly was a vital part of the crew, but, we have had a very good series without Holly in it, so, that wasn't what was missing.

I did feel that the episode was rushed, no explanation of what happened to all the original crew, no explanation as to where Holly was, but, it was a good episode.

I guess that just about sums up the second episode (silence). I thought it was pretty average. Hope it gets better...

fatmarley said:
I guess that just about sums up the second episode (silence). I thought it was pretty average. Hope it gets better...

Was certainly weaker than the first but the third was much better I thought

i thought ep3 was great - classic dwarf. can't wait for the bluray.

except did I spot a continuity error this week?
Were not Rimmer's parents actually 7th Day Advent Hop-ists back in season 3?

Lister: No offense, Rimmer, but that is completely wacko-jacko.
Rimmer: Everyone's entitled to their beliefs, Lister. I never agreed with my parents' religion, but I wouldn't dream of knocking it.
Lister: What were they?
Rimmer: Seventh Day Advent Hop-ists. They believed that every Sunday should be spent hopping. They would hop to church, hop through the service, then hop back home again. I tell you, Sunday lunchtimes were a nightmare - we all had to wear sou'westers and asbestos underpants. You see, they took the Bible literally - Adam and Eve, the snake and the apple, took it word for word. Unfortunately, their version had a misprint. It was all based on 1 Corinthians 13: "Faith, Hop and Charity, and the greatest of these is Hop."

Last night's was the first episode of season 10 I've seen. Maybe not right up there with the best but certainly good enough to make me (and my wife!) want to watch more. Since it seems to be on Dave first, I'll have to wait for the repeats on Beeb 1 to see the first couple of eps.

Last night's was the first episode of season 10 I've seen. Maybe not right up there with the best but certainly good enough to make me (and my wife!) want to watch more. Since it seems to be on Dave first, I'll have to wait for the repeats on Beeb 1 to see the first couple of eps.

I doubt the BBC will show it - its Dave owned now and they tend to repeat Red Dwarf ad infinitum. Check your EPG, I would be surprised if you can't catch up on it still...

'Twas a gentle jest! Beeb programmes tend to get repeated ad infinitum (nauseam?) on Dave, so I was suggesting that Dave originals may be repeated on Beeb 1 in the same way!

Nod said:

Do a google for Dave's website, you can watch previous episodes online.

Back