Red Faces

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
I took some photos at a mates wedding and promised to get them printed. But all the faces have come out extreamly red. I forgot to check white balance :bang: :bang: and unusually for me shot in jpeg :bang:

Does anyone now how to remove/reduce redness in the faces

Heres and example
2845982422_e4d5f042e6_o.jpg

Thanks in advance

Gerald

If you are using Photoshop have you tryed Auto Colour Adjustment, have tryed it before with shots and it helped.

Gerald, I'm not sure, I do recall that you can set somewhere that you can have PS open jpg files in ACR instead of directly (can't remember where though :thinking: and I don't have access to the PC I have PS on. Perhaps in the options ??). That might help, allowing you to alter the white balance maybe :shrug:

In CS3 ( I see from the exif that you have it)
edit>preferances>file handling>tick "prefer camera raw for jpegs" close and re-open with that (any) image
Then you can adjust the white balance as if it were a raw file
or Just
Image> adjustments> selective colour and just turn down the reds

I have tried both with that image and both work just as well

Thanks for your comments. Right I'm, working of my laptop not a calibrated machine. I've desaturated the reds on his face. Does this look any better

desat_reds.jpg

Both edits work well, but personaly like the first edit best.

I agree. Much too orange. The second one could be brightened up a touch.

What has that bloke on the left got on his head? :)

What has that bloke on the left got on his head? :)

Thats his hair believe it or not. Trust me it was a total mess. Without the hair colour he's totally grey and going bald. SO subject. Which of course means we wind him up more.

Thanks for you comments lads. How about this one. Lightened a bit and adjust the colour balance.
upload_22.jpg

Just had a quick go and used cs2 used blue cooling filter and played around with selective colouring had a few from a wedding a while back like that.

selective_colour_reds.jpg

Oh dear! You'll have to treat each of these images individually as the amount of orange tungsten saturation varies so much, and some of them are going to be difficult from a jpeg image.

Probably the best way to get rid of the orange is to reduce the green slider and/or increase the red slider. If you can get the skin tones tending towards red you'll be on the right lines, and then you should be able to desaturate to something like a realistic skin tone.

If it's still not there, and the orange or green tends to come back as you desaturate, try drawing a tight freehand mask around the skin area. feather it by a few pixels and then apply a very low opacity pink fill just within the mask.

I printed out my edits today, Absolutely crap. So I'll try the tips above in a few days. Busy until then. Don't mean to sound ungrateful and they are much appreciated.

It's jobs like this which make you remember to set the wb! :D

Back