Red Kites with New 7D

Name
Julian Slaughter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys and Gals

The 7D turned up a couple of weeks back so I decided to head off to Gigrin in Wales to give it a test. Perhaps I should have read the manual several hundred times over before using it in anger. I had autofocusing issues because of how I set up on the day. However, I did get some shots that I was quite happy with, some of these are below. Your usual c&c would be greatly appreciated.

4147709063_49315d5d7a_o.jpg

4148467168_9001b3d3df_o.jpg

4147708973_bb559817ab_o.jpg

Cheers

Nicely done - that last one is the pick for me. What lens?

I love them, out of interest what lens did you use?

If you are heading back up there give me a shout I may have to join you for the day

Lovely set. Pic 2 is very sharp. What auto focus mode did you find most usefull?

Cheers guys

I used my Sigma 150-500mm, which performed superbly from a focusing point of view, it focused really quickly. I think I had to camera set to multi-point zone focusing with AI servo, so when I reviewed the images after, many had focused on wingtips or tails so their faces were OOF. Next time, it will be centre point only.

Oh well...lesson learned.

I'd highly recommend taking the time to view three video talks on the 7D by a Canon guy who knows the camera inside out. There are 3 videos all accessed via THIS LINK

They're all fairly lengthy but well worth the watch. The first two vids go quite into depth on the 7D including the AF system. The third vid covers video with the 7D and the new lenses introduced at the same time.

I certainly picked up a few tips I was unaware of.

The AF system is covered in the first video.

Cracking photos, especially 2 & 3. It's reassuring to know you got them with a Sigma 500mm as that is one of the lenses I'm considering for my D50 ready for my holiday in Snowdonia in May.

#3 (y)

No 2, fantastic shot WD (y)
I cant wait to get out with mine over christmas.

Great work.
Like the topside view, the last is also my favourite.
Thanks for sharing

Tony

nice shots fella :)

Oh well...lesson learned.

I'd highly recommend taking the time to view three video talks on the 7D by a Canon guy who knows the camera inside out. There are 3 videos all accessed via THIS LINK

They're all fairly lengthy but well worth the watch. The first two vids go quite into depth on the 7D including the AF system. The third vid covers video with the 7D and the new lenses introduced at the same time.

I certainly picked up a few tips I was unaware of.

The AF system is covered in the first video.

great vids - debit card's going to be coming out after xmas me thinks :D

#2 for me beutifull birds, Wee have red kites up here. in Perthshire

Back