Red Kites

Ho yes… very well captured and rendered, Tony! :cool:

Both ver nice shots Tony, and whilst there is nothing wrong with the second, I think the light and colouring on the first has made this my favourite of the pair. Might change my mind tomorrow though...!

Mike

Very nice Tony, better than my attempts a few months ago down in Mid Wales. You got the light, I'm jealous.

Is this Ballymack? I almost went there last Saturday.

Two cracking shots Tony (y)

First for me, prefer the head on pose and 2nd ones a little noisy for ISO 1250 :)

Many thanks for all the nice comments.

Yes, it was Ballymack and it was a great opportunity to get some red kite shots. Highly reccomend it and well worth the fiver it cost.

I used my Canon 80D with 150-600 Sigma and and used it in al focus for the first time and it seemed to work very well.

I had it in apperture priority ( habit rather than choice) and upped the ISO to get a fast shutter speed and yes I did dial a little exposure compensation in which may have put the background a little bright but it's the birds that count in this situation

Learnt a lot on this visit about the lens and tracking birds etc and looking forward to trying it again.

Back