Red Red Wine (droplets)

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so I was reminded today that I haven't done any water droplet shots for a good long while, so cracked out the tubing again!

Might add more as I did get some other pretty forms as well, but one for now from tonight (click to enlarge -much better!)

Technical data:

Method HERE.

Using the Acrylic background with this one (set up shot HERE), which I love... however because it is more dense than my previous background I am having to use a wider aperture, of F/13, but that’s ok.

2 Jessops 360AFD flashes on 1/16th power behind 3mm white opaque acrylic, with a blue diffuser over half. 1/200 exposure, F/13, ISO 100. Red dyed water into green/blue dyed water, rinse aid added.

18-55mm lens, Canon 450D.

very nice....has a smooth top!

Edit...I see you got the diffuser sorted

Last edited:
is that the density of the plastic causing that you think?

Could you not bump the ISO to 200 and keep your F.16?

Bloody wonderful :D

Why spank you :)

is that the density of the plastic causing that you think?

Could you not bump the ISO to 200 and keep your F.16?

It is indeed! My other plastic was less thick, much less thick. This is 3mm... which is actually considerably thick.

And I could, but I'd rather not increase the ISO, don't want any noise creeping in, remember I am cropping these right down from a big picture!

Tbh, the FULL SIZE view doesn't show much/any loss of focus at the the front/back does it? Or does it?

Great image & thanks for the tutorial

Thanks and no worries at all :)

Every time you post one of these it seems to be better than the last!

Absolutely love this one, it's about as perfect as a droplet can get imo :)

Hmmm it seems that reminder did well then ;)

Question is, do you ever get bored of doing these? I don't get bored of seeing them, I know that :)

no probs just wish i could do something like this but not at that level yet

I'm a relative newb my self, only had the camera a few months, give it a go (y)

Every time you post one of these it seems to be better than the last!

Absolutely love this one, it's about as perfect as a droplet can get imo :)

Why thank you, so much! In my opinion, it'd be more perfect (lol) if it had more reflection...

Hmmm it seems that reminder did well then ;)

Question is, do you ever get bored of doing these? I don't get bored of seeing them, I know that :)

It did! I was going to mention you in my original post, but forgot, sorry!

No not at all, I love the "not knowing what you'll get THIS time" aspect of it, but just recently been busy with work experience stuff and while staying in the lakes for 6 weeks thought I should perhaps actually get outside with my cam for once! :LOL:

... SPEECHLESS ..... Will you stop raising the bar every time you do a collision!!!!!

Top drawer matey and defo your best to date imo :clap:

Back