Red Squirrel

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Had nearly a week in Scotland now and was beginning to think my wish of seeing Red Squirrels wasn't going to become true.Am staying near some woods where they do get the Squirrels paying a visit sometimes.Then today being rainy and dull I decided to stay put and just keep looking and then my wish came true and this gorgeous creature paid us a visit,weather was the pitts,first horrible day though so can t grumble.Was about to phone Charlie(Sawman)in desperation to pay him a visit,can see why you love them so much Charlie

redsquirrel15.jpg

great shot :)

Tiz very nice indeed. Good pose, composition, exposure and framing(y)(y)

:clap::clap::clap: Cracking shot Karen.

Well worth the wait Kaz :clap: Lovely image , Great setting (y)

I've still yet to see a red squirrel never mind get a cracking shot like this. Well done!

Great shot Karen, where's the wings? Excuse the pun hope you had a good holiday.

A nice wee female too.
Really pleased for you that you got a sighting of the reds.

Thanks charlie was nearly going to phone you,can I ask how you know its a female.They are the most cutiest animal you are so lucky to see these everyday,no wonder you get so attached to them,I got quite a few so will be posting more:)

If you look closely in the white fur you will see one of her teets.:)

I look forward to seeing some more of your shots. Nice to see other folks getting some shots of what is now an endangered species.:shrug:

I recently read somewhere that the reds could be extinct in mainland UK in twenty years. Let us hope we can reverse this.(y)

I had a red chucking pine cones at me the other day. Then I found I was very near her drey tree, so I moved on & left her too it. She must have forgiven me though as soon after that she turned up for some squirrel mix.:D

Oh yes I can tell now,and what a sad thing that would be if they were gone forever,hope to god that never happens,and one chucking cones,that I would have loved to have seen

Chucking cones, is quite common behaviour for them. They are a bit delinquent really.:LOL:
I had 6 round about me this morning two of them being young ones. Looking very fresh & tidy they were too.:)
Also one with the hiccups!:D

That's a lovely shot Karen. I'd really like to get a shot of these myself, I visited the Lake District last year and when I was driving along they were plentiful in the road and the trees. As soon as I got the camera out however, nothing. Not a critter to be seen :)

Oh yes I can tell now,and what a sad thing that would be if they were gone forever,hope to god that never happens,and one chucking cones,that I would have loved to have seen

Thank you. I will remember that next winter when I am trudging up the hill to feed the brutes, in the dark with ice cold rainwater running down my neck.:LOL:

:)Excellent capture Kaz!

That's a lovely shot Karen. I'd really like to get a shot of these myself, I visited the Lake District last year and when I was driving along they were plentiful in the road and the trees. As soon as I got the camera out however, nothing. Not a critter to be seen :)

Thank you. I will remember that next winter when I am trudging up the hill to feed the brutes, in the dark with ice cold rainwater running down my neck.:LOL:

Very nice karen i'm not jealous at all. ;)

:)Excellent capture Kaz!

Thanks everyone:)

Stunning capture!

Kudos for that one! They are fast little things and do not sit still for more than a second!
Lovely picture! (y)

Back