Review Redsnapper RSF-284 Tripod

Yeah bit like buying a 2014 ford focus and getting a 2012 model ..lol Nowt major but dont think there would be much on the market at £40 that would beat it.

Mines the newer one, one thing that I'm still on the fence about is the twist to lock/unlock each section of leg, I'm more used to the unflip thing then flip it back to lock like on the RS 324. Having the reverse fold is good though, means I can fit the ballhead *just* in the bag with the tripod. That's the ball head, the pan one won't fit.

Last edited:
Yes mate pretty much as it comes with a shorter column so can be angled very low although to be honest If I am that low would use the manfrotto pixi

lol...nah not loads just a baby tripod and a slightly older discontinued one!!!!

just have to keep telling myself it was 40 quid! lol..for that money its superb.:sorry:

I am not too fussed about that as i will just get the mrs to carry it lol

Here something worth getting if you need help levelling your RSF-284 tripod, I fitted a Gitzo Glevel 2 from Wex £8.80 to the center column of my tripod and it fits perfectly still with the hook screwed in.

View attachment 11153

After reading lost of positive reviews - I've just pulled the trigger and purchased the Redsnapper RSF-284M & RSH-61 ball head combo to replace the Faith FFC-C001 which I left in Hong Kong!! It seems to be fairly similar in design (bar the separate head/tripod and the Faith comes with a spirit level - although the post by Hotshots above confirms the Gitzo Glevel 2 is compatible (so that should help address this.. although WEX don't currently have any in stock! :( )

My tripod and head arrived today!! - VERY happy with my purchase and glad I decided to go for this setup.. the build quality is extremely good!!.. now just need to get out and use it!! :)

View attachment 14715

How exactly do you convert it to a monopod? - I've tried unscrewing the leg with the red band and it seems to be welded on!!.. was your leg stiff or is there a knack to removing it??

Just thought I'd update this one. I tried to use the RED10 voucher for the Redsnapper 284M Tripod, but it had expired a few days earlier. Emailed sales@ and got a reply within minutes (on a Monday morning no less) letting me know the voucher date has been renewed and I could continue my purchase.
Great service so far, looking forward to my new legs :)

Back