Redwings in our trees...

Edit My Images
No
We were delighted to see approx 6-10 Redwings coming and going from our trees to a neighbours Pyracantha red berries bush across the road.

Just a pity I felt constrained to not take photos as pointing my long lensed camera out of the window pointing at the neighbours house(s) does not sit right with me :(

PS we have a Yellow berry variant but the Blackbirds have stripped that about a week or so ago!

During lockdown I set up a reflection pool (just a shallow tray on a stand) in the back garden, and my wife warned the old lady over the back that if she saw me with a camera I wasn't pointing it at her.... She said that was a shame as she'd happily pose!!:ROFLMAO:

I adore popcorn's post. ^^^^^. ( I also love the little old lady .she reminds me of our nan who is 102).

Laurence sometimes one over thinks things maybe? or maybe it's just me being a builder an all an not being terribly politically correct... Buddy this is a shame that a guy with no malice in his heart just a want to make an image of a stunning bird or animal feels that way. :(

Mate ya know i'm a bit out in the sticks and probably more than a little naive to the ways of the modern world,but the poiinting of a shallow DOF biggish lens at a neighbours never entered my psyche when makiing this image..by the way the house in question is mine ,but the neighbours honestly never entered my head. I'm not bright enough to frame around her bed window and veil it with a tree anyways, but those thoughts simply aren't there

Laurence let's face it I've got my grubby mits full with the deer dancing in front of me that alone is probably more than enough for my limited intelligence .:LOL:

It hurts me bro saddens me that the sheer joy of trying to make an utterly innocent image of a wonderful creature has to be thought of as you described above I clicked on this thread to see your images of redwings.. and yet I'm sad cause you feel bound .a big old lens usually has a shallow dof with a near subject bkg becaome mush

Bud.....I am never the wildlife image maker I have the potential to be if my head is full of something else...somehow there is a purity to what we do and one's head has to be full of only that. The image, the tools ( camera lens) the subject the light nowt else. Maybe that is just me Laurence, I'm not measuring my best against anyone else what I'm tryiing to get out is if I'm worrying on my neighbour or anything else frankly, I don't make the best of my limited ability...................... I miss the images I plausibly have the potential to make

Mate we have talked a while does that make sense.why I'm sad reading your post? See you are reticent to even get camera from bag because of how someone else might percieve your actions.yet as with Chris a few words from possibly your lady could leave me looking at piccies of thrushes with red under their wings

Oh here's that buck for ya matey......I sort of feel a need to show something after writing all that....and anyways I've just realised I'm devious ;)

how many folks can sneak a deer into a redwing thread to illustrate a point:exit: ( Gav shsshhhh already:p;))

have a wonderful chimbo buddy

I'll get my coat:LOL:

stu

_S2I1684Hidin' in plain sight Tdn smj by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

@Stuart Philpott

Stu

Lovely to see the deer visitor and TFS it :)

As for the Redwings.......they were gone the next day and they had completely stripped the berries, so off they were to 'pastures new'.

In regard to the neighbours, those ones we get on nicely with.,.......I need to broach the subject with them as a future courtesy. Thinking about it one neighbour has dogs so perhaps I could offer to accompany them on a walk to take pictures :thinking:

Buddy I had 3 roe buck here right infront of my house for a little while early this year.it's pitefull I haven't shared much of those exploits. think you guys got one pic posted.. tis .time buddy I just seem to be on a train ride....that said it's wildlife they are gone tomoz, like your redwings ........... so one needs to take the chance and not worry on stuff (y).

So yes Laurence broach said subject, because we carry a biggish lens it doesn't mean we are bad folks.and yes exactly make other neighbours some lovely doggy pics............. it's funny buddy when those deer were here Shaz would get a text.tell stu there are deer in the field he might want to make some pictures...................she'd text back ................yeah................ he's come home from work checked the field put on a tree suit and is with them :rolleyes:

Mate a tale for you:
folks read one's passion most of my hare images come from a spot where a landowner acosted me dressed as a tree skulkiing about behind a wall on a road..with said big lens.Buddy I had to take a face mask off to speak to him... I would have/ must have looked dog ruff............ this was to address .a guy dressed to the nines dinner jacket with medals on his chest cravat and ladies in the back dressed like they had been at ascot with bouquets of flowers............................ Laurence I'd known of this place for years but was too timid to approach the big house.sure the keeper knew who I was I'd found him given him my addy the lot !!

But the big house.how could a ruffian like me EVEN THINK OF talking to them. :(

Only when I had my back literally to a wall did I finally ask for permission ...... they saw me light up when I started to talk about their hares mate they saw how much their hares meant to me I saw how they were reacting and I got braver. I then got access to lands I'd looked at over a wall at, for literally years.........I bought my first DLSR and kit lens cause I wanted to make a hare image.that image was a tiny dot in a frame and I made it at this place off the road years earlier and I was so thrilled I probably danced about like an idiot

Soz mate this is a monster derail in one way but in another it isn't......if we ...one asks is honest and open about what one is up to even the most unexpected.folks I'd be too humble to even speak to, see one isn't up to no good. They see one loves beasties and images..I don't know how or why bro ,they just get it

but we get shackled by our heads buddy and what is right what is politically correct

That's why the posts are so long Laurence because finding the confidence is hard for many of us !!!!!!!!!

But it shouldn't be that way;)

Back