Reflections in the Rain

SKM

Edit My Images
No
We went to London last Wednesday mainly to see a show but took the cameras to shoot during the morning and early evening. Heavy rain almost put paid to the morning but from the viewing platform on the third level of the Tate Modern, shot this one

stan

1/1000, f8, ISO 3200, 24-105 f4

33546974761_b402b263f6_c.jpg

Well done for spotting the opportunity. I like the composition with the five of them and the middle one furthest forward and it's good that you have all their reflections in the shot. Also good timing to get them all mid stride. The colours feel a bit muted but probably not a lot you can do about that on a wet overcast day but whether you could get a little more interest with some careful editing. Don't know what else was around them but maybe a shot with a bit more context might have worked as well.

Nice composition, I'd like to have the "eye" to take photos like this.
Just wondering why you shot at ISO 3200?

I really like this.
Very well spotted.

thanks for looking guys

The colours feel a bit muted but probably not a lot you can do about that on a wet overcast day but whether you could get a little more interest with some careful editing

yes thats how it was and in fact i have warmed and saturated some of the colours to make them pop more - just this afternoon calibrated my screen and it does look fine

Don't know what else was around them but maybe a shot with a bit more context might have worked as well.

nothing of any interest and my thoughts when composing were that the shot is all about people in the rain with umbrellas, hoods and rushing to get into the dry and not particularly about the surroundings

Just wondering why you shot at ISO 3200?

we were shooting inside due to the weather and found ourselves by this outside viewing area and decided to nip out and take a few shots while trying to avoid rain spashes on the lens, so just left the ISO as it was which for the 7D II is no problem at all

stan

Back