Regretted selling kit?

Name
Az
Edit My Images
No
Have you...? If so what?

Bit of a random topic I know, but thought it would be fun to see if anyone is feeling a bit like me!! Ever gone out and bought the lens or camera just a few weeks later?

I've just sold my 120-300 which has served me so well over the last couple of years, the flexibility of it allowed me to capture quite a few "moments". I think I'm having regret already lol. l also remember selling a 20D years ago (2007 ish I guess) and I still miss that camera (and it's little screen) to this day, that was my first foray into DSLR and never let me down!

I went ff canon 5dmkii from a 50d and really miss my canon 10-22,i bought a 17-40 to go with it but for some reason really did miss the 10-22

After moving to the 5D3 I sold my 60d.
I used to carry it as a 2nd body in case I needed more reach.
I decided to sell it as I hadn't used it for about 9 months only to go to a zoo 2 months later and wish I had the extra reach. Cropping the 5D3 left me with only 10 ish mp and I needed to crop a bit further still

Last edited:
I have just sold all my Nikon gear and gone to Fuji X. No regrets at all, and I don't think I will have in the future.

Sold an efs 15 85 ended up getting another one but it's not as mint and has terrible creep, still takes some lovely images and what a perfect focal length for a crop everyday lens
Sold efs 10-22 ended up getting another
Sold both my 7d cameras and bought a 650d and 70d no regrets

Sold my Nikon AF 105mm f2.0 DC and 50mm f1.8 I still regret letting those two go.
Also sold the Holy Trinity 14-24,24-70,70-200 f2.8s don't miss the weight but did buy a replacement 70-200 VR.
But not missed the other two lenses.

Last edited:
Many times...

Canon 20D and 5D, Canon 50mm f2.5, Canon 20-35mm, Sigma 28-300mm, 12-24mm, 20mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.4 and 150mm f2.8. I'm glad I moved away from DSLR's but there are some nice lenses. I regret selling my Voigtlander Bessa and 35mm f2.5 but I moved away from film so it had to go. I also regret selling my MFT Voigtlander 25mm f0.95.

But the thing I regret selling most is my MK1 MX5.

I sold my Exa IIb 40 years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Nikon 24-70 - Though I replaced it with very solid lenses, like the Sigma 35 1.4 and Nikon 85 1.8G, I ended up doing a few weddings where the 24-70 would have been more ideal/flexible

Fuji X100s - lovely camera, I didn't make enough use of it and sold it only months after buying. I think if it had zoom I'd have held on to it, but I do wish I had it at certain times. It was easy to sneak into gigs, and even cropped down the images were quality. Might look at something like the Lx100 sometime

Never got over selling the 85Lii. Amazing lens and nothing comes close to the magic of the pictures it produced.

Saying that. I'd still probably chose the sigma 85 now because of focus speed and sheer paranoia when using the L! That back piece of glass frightened me any time I had it off the camera.

Regret selling my Sigma 100-300.

Bought a Sigma 10-20. Used it sparingly. Sold it. Regretted it, so bought another. Used it sparingly. Sold it... Bought a Canon 10-22. Used it sparingly...

Apart from that I don't think I regret selling anything...

Last edited:
Regretted selling all of my Canon gear to move to Fuji XT-1, liked the smaller size and weight but not user experience, tried the Nikon D7100 with some good glass but still not the same so have moved back to a Canon 6D with a 24-105L and a 100-400L and am a lot happier, I just feel more comfortable with the overall IQ

Sold my Nikon AF 105mm f2.0 DC and 50mm f1.8 I still regret letting those two go.
Also sold the Holy Trinity 14-24,24-70,70-200 f2.8s don't miss the weight but did buy a replacement 70-200 VR.
But not missed the other two lenses.

I also regret selling my 105mm f/2, I'm in the market for another one. I have considered the Sigma but dismissed that.

I would never part with the Trinity !

No regrets selling, plenty buying!! ha

Although at base iso i prefer the images from my d40 i sold over my d5100.

Last edited:
I went ff canon 5dmkii from a 50d and really miss my canon 10-22,i bought a 17-40 to go with it but for some reason really did miss the 10-22

I also went FF with a 5D mk2 (from a 60D). I kept my 60D as a backup, but sold my Sigma 10-20 - as I didn't think I would use it as much. Even after 2 years, I still miss it.

I'm sure I'll regret selling my 5Dc... if I ever sell it... I just hope I never have to. :D

I had a Fuji S9500 i regretted selling to get a Panasonic TZ3 or something, missed the form factor, soon upgraded to a Canon 40D though.

I regret selling My canon1d mk2 because my nan helped me buy it and it made me really push to up my game at the time
On the non photo sides regret selling many guitars my prs custom 24 in emerald green is missed sorely and the purple cu24 were amazing bits of kit

This thread has made me rethink about selling my Fuji x100s until I actually need the money

Mine would be the 85 1.8 which I am contemplating acquiring again, though would prefer the 1.4 just lots more £££

Ask minnt - he bought a replacement XF1 before the one he sold me arrived in the post!

I sometimes regret selling my GF2, but then I look at some high ISO shots and I'm reminded why I upgraded to an EM5.

Back