Remote camera behind goal line support

I had a behind the goal tripod it was great until it broke.. threw it away and didnt recall what model it was.....

But then I realised i will ahve a pic somewhere.. me being me :) only used it at bigger ground so found it.. it's a VELBRON CX MINI but cant see another same anywhere..

velbron.jpg

I have both the Manfrotto Pixi Evo2 mini tripod and a Platypod mounting plate.

For football I tend towards the Pixi Evo 2. For my money it's the 'all-in-one' solution given that it has it's own mini ball head attached and the system has no problem holding a Canon 1D series camera with a 16-35mm or 24-70 attached. It's also small enough that it can be squeezed inside my camera bag no problem. At the price it's the one I'd recommend to anyone who is purely going to be using it for shooting remote at football matches.

I bought the Platypod first and it served my well for a while. The downside to the Platypod is that it's a more expensive system given that you are going to need your own tripod ball-head to attach to it. If you already have one then it probably makes the Platypod a more sensible option. It doesn't offer as much height as the tripod which for me is a bit of a downer. However it is mountable and the plate occupies a smaller base than the tripod so it has come in useful in places where I can't set up the Pixi Evo 2.

This looks good...Check out @PaulCurrie7’s Tweet:
https://BANNED/PaulCurrie7/status/970265856675663873?s=09

Hi folks, I meant to reply to this sooner, along with some pictures from the first time I used it. I ended up picking up the pixi evo from a local camera shop but a combination of cancellations due to snow and pitches where it would be too easy for somebody to reach over the rails and steal the camera means I have not had a chance to use the remote setup yet. Some day I will post pictures, I promise :exit:

Back