Remote release

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
I need to get a remote release for my 30d.
I wont be getting a Canon one...but one from ebay like I had before with my 350d.

I just can't decide if 1 mtr is going to be enough....does anyone think I should get the 3 mtr one?

Oh shuttup, you! I deliberately worded that so there was little chance of the usual smutty comments!! :D :LOL:

LOL - If it were me I'd go for the 3m option. Get a bit frustrated with getting cramped with mine..

Yes...Im inclined to agree with you....I often found the last one not adequate!

(God this thread is crying out with inuendo....Im finding it very difficult not to yield!!):LOL:

Ive always thought a good remote release should feel comfortable in the hand and give you some elbow room to operate in effectively

Ive always thought a good remote release should feel comfortable in the hand and give you some elbow room to operate in effectively

Without any smilies, Im not sure whether I should be taking you seriously or not!!:D :LOL:

I don't know WHAT you could possibly be implying young lady

I have both a 10m & 1m remote for my 30d.

Hoping the 10m one may come in handy for taking distance birdy shots in my garden during the summer. Just have to convince the birds now!

Think I got the 1m for about £6 on Ebay (Hong Kong)

:canon:

I've only got a short one :(

but,......

no one has ever complained

1m is fine for all tripod experiences I've ever had.
The more you have is the more chance to tangle IMHO.

:naughty: id say a long one would be better janice :naughty:
as you can always stand next to the camara or move away as far as you want i have a 1 mtr and am looking at getting a longer one (y)

Get a long one Janice - get more exercise finding your camera in the fog! :LOL:

I'd prefer something in between ... one's a bit too short and the other's a bit too long and unmanageable ... imo ... :shrug:

:p

Well Im thinking of the 3mtr one but I still think that just over 9 feet is a lot of cable to pack away neatly!!

Janice - does it have to be a cable release? - Why not IR? - I have a ZigView one for my D200 & it works within 10m & there is no cable to "pack away" - cost about £40 iirc ... Paul ;)
PS - Actually it does come with a cable release but I have never taken it out of the bag

I tried IR but you can only take the photo from in front of the camera........not much good if you are round the back of it! :)

Hmmm, not sure if there should be some similies in there somewhere...... :thinking:
Anyhow - taken a closer look at this as some extra range would suit me too (dont even think about it!)

Apparently these swing both ways :nuts:
http://www.intro2020.co.uk/pages/zigview5.htm

Why not the ebay wireless remote? i got an Adidt one and it works well. Also is a wired remote (just in case your battery runs out)!

Honestly.... put DS / Matty and Janice on any thread and....
|
|
|
\/
down it plummets.

:D

It's because Im at work...and we dont have msn at work!! :D :LOL: :D

I'm at work too, I have a remote desktop connection to my home pc open on my screen so can do anything I could do if I were at home - apart from put things in the DVD drives of course.

Yes, well you are an IT geek :geek: and I have a life !!! :D :D

Love:30 to Janice.

I tried IR but you can only take the photo from in front of the camera........not much good if you are round the back of it! :)

Cobblers - The Zigview one works from anywhere within 10-20m and certainly from behind as I have used it that way before :naughty:
Paul ;)

Why do shoemakers need a remote release from behind ? :nuts:

This is getting SO funny! :D :LOL:

Mine was a Canon IR remote and as the remote sensor is at the front...I had to keep putting my hand round the front!

AArrrghhh! here we go again! :eek: :D :LOL:

do you dream of robot sheep?

So, you have a kinda "on and off" sort of life then? :shrug:

It comes and goes Barry - at the moment I'm in off mode because Sue is working nights, but then again I'm rarely in On mode at the moment - I don't really enjoy going out drinking, I'd much rather go out for a nice meal instead.

Spend most of my time at the moment on the laptop or playing on the 360 though :wacky:

Back