remove filter from lens

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Any ideas how to remove the filter from the end of my lens, have had one on for a while and it seems stuck

Try a pair of marrigolds,

spike

Press it against a rigid, flat(tish) rubber surface, a mousemat or the wall of a car tyre work well. Put it flat agaisnt the rubber, push hard and rotate.

Use the sole of a shoe.. Or you can buy tools that are designed for it.. but I used a shoe :)

Press it against a rigid, flat(tish) rubber surface, a mousemat or the wall of a car tyre work well. Put it flat agaisnt the rubber, push hard and rotate.

:plus1:

and don't forget to rotate the lens body anti-clockwise, as you are looking at it. :)

Quite a few people seem to think that as they are looking at the "wrong" end of the lens whilst doing this they need to turn the body clockwise !

Cheers thanks for the help, got it off using the mouse mat

now bin it and watch your pics improve! :)

In the future you could just use an elastic band around the filter for grip :)

I've got a bunch of UV filters sat in the cupboard not being used anymore. After I spent a bundle of cash on filters for all my lenses I realised just how soft they make the image. I only use CPL filters occasionally ond only ever use a UV filter if it's really wet or dusty.

Many years ago when I had a filter which I could not remove an old chap told me to push it hard against the sole of my shoe and twist. I did that, it worked, and have used the same technique ever since.

Back