Removing haze from landscapes

Edit My Images
Yes
What's the best way to remove some of the haze that's about at the moment. Somewhere in the back of my mind is something about haze is in the blue channel of the picture? Do you just sharpen the blue channel.

I really can't remember and google isn't helping. Seems most people want to add mist or haze.
Thanks

You could try using a polarising filter.

A polariser might help a bit, but in my experience there's little you can do about haze. Its technically described as "medium-to-long distance atmospheric over-particularity", but known to those in the trade as "lousy light"....:thumbsdown:

Nothing is more frustrating out in the landscape. Everyone is saying "what a beautiful day", and I'm thinking "But they just don't understand.... "

The obvious thing is if you want the best shots chase the best lighting...

Having said that if you have no choice then a polariser sometimes help, not that often though - the PP techniques already mentioned work to differing degrees but ultimately "it's all about the lighting"

simon

you can do a good deal with curves. just boosting contrast at certain levels. combine this with layer masks and you can get rid of a lot of haze.

you can do a good deal with curves. just boosting contrast at certain levels. combine this with layer masks and you can get rid of a lot of haze.
Yes perhaps I should have included a Masking solution - but I always initially try and do it without having to make selections or painting - just seems cleaner to me. If I have time I'll add a 12 method!
Thanks

Back