Renault World Series

Name
Russell Hill
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

Is anyone going to this year Renault World Series on the 19th September?

I am going to give the new 7D a real test :D

I should be there Saturday and Sunday. Very much looking forward to getting the 7D tested :D

sweet, i'll be taking my shiny 1000D, not sure what the hell i'm gunna do with it though, lol. me and the missus are bringing the kids along.

u interested in meeting to say hi?

We could do :)

I will be the one with the 7D on a monopod and a bigma 50-500 (y)

I normally hang out at either Club as there is a raised bank so you can shoot over the fence or Abbey for the crashes :D

i was going but the father in law has gone and lost the bloody tickets arghhhhh!!!!!

just had to buy some more on bloody ebay cost me £11.50 !!!!! paying for a free event:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
just had to buy some more on bloody ebay cost me £11.50 !!!!! paying for a free event:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

at least it is a good weekend full of cars wizzing round so worth it (y)

im going on the sat with a few mates, not sure what to take yet, bigma or the 18-105...or both hehe

I have 6 tickets going spare for the event.

If anyone wants them all I ask is you drop me a S.A.E and I'll get them in the post to you...

Not sure which day but I'm going.

Planning on giving the 55-200 it's first proper workout, if anyone wants to lend me something a touch longer however....

Also ordered a mono pod last night to give me a sporting at using some longer shutter speeds to get the blur right when panning. What sort of ballpark should I use 1/30 ish?

im going on the sat with a few mates, not sure what to take yet, bigma or the 18-105...or both hehe

Bigma! I will have mine with me (y)

Planning on giving the 55-200 it's first proper workout, if anyone wants to lend me something a touch longer however....

Also ordered a mono pod last night to give me a sporting at using some longer shutter speeds to get the blur right when panning. What sort of ballpark should I use 1/30 ish?

well I never got it perfect but somewhere around the 1/30 1/50 is where I will be trying this time around.

Go as low as you can. I find monopods a pain in the arse and they cause me more agro than help me. Handheld shots FTW :).

I'll be there both days :)

Go as low as you can. I find monopods a pain in the arse and they cause me more agro than help me. Handheld shots FTW :).

I'll be there both days :)

I'm hoping it helps, seems like a decent tool but I suspect it won't really show it's worth until I get a longer lens.

I'm hoping it helps, seems like a decent tool but I suspect it won't really show it's worth until I get a longer lens.

I use a mono purely because the 50-500 is rather hard to use without!!!

Well I will be wondering around in a red and white Audi La Manns 24hr cap probably :)

i am really going to struggle i guess. only have a 150mm lens.take it i have no chance of getting on track shots?never been to silverstone before...

i am really going to struggle i guess. only have a 150mm lens.take it i have no chance of getting on track shots?never been to silverstone before...

At least you will have lots of foreground interest (y)

just bought a Tamron 70-300 today especially for this weekend, actually going along as press to this one, my first shoot where I'm actually being payed to take photos :D

just bought a Tamron 70-300 today especially for this weekend, actually going along as press to this one, my first shoot where I'm actually being payed to take photos :D

How did you get a pass? I really want one and would love to make a bit of money on the side but just getting trackside and my work used would be amazing!

I have been going for years. I think this will be my 4th year in a row :)

I'm heading there this weekend too :)
Got a couple of tickets from a friend
I'll be taking my trusty 400D xD

Might see some of you there

Nat

I will be there on Saturday with my D2x 70-200 with a 1.7 converter

Bring on the noise!

Was hoing to go to BTCC at Donny on Saturday and RWS on Sunday, but pulled a muscle in my back earlier in the week (helping a neighbour shift a tumble dryer), and I can't walk straight and my back is killing me :(

They only really help with bigger heavier lenses. Something like the 55-200mm is so light it's not worth it.

I shoot handheld with a 70-200mm f2.8 with no problems. I did try someones 120-300mm f2.8 and that was a bit heavier so can imagine anything over that would need the monopod.

Looking forward to this now :)

They only really help with bigger heavier lenses. Something like the 55-200mm is so light it's not worth it.

I shoot handheld with a 70-200mm f2.8 with no problems. I did try someones 120-300mm f2.8 and that was a bit heavier so can imagine anything over that would need the monopod.

Looking forward to this now :)

Yup I use it on the 50-500 as it helps with the no IS issue and also because it helps my back :LOL:

Im going, never taken pictures of cars before, so this will be interesting. Im rather limited on lenses, just the 18-55 and 55-200 so we shall see how I get on.

any one wanna sell me a cf card or xd whilst at silverstone on sunday anything cheap just so i have a little more memory only got 6gb not much when shooting raw.talk about a last minute panic. dont think this applys to wanted section ??? getting excited now first race track i have ever been to !!!!!:runaway::banana::runaway::banana::runaway::banana:

Last edited:
Well where were you all?!!??!?

It was a good weekend if not rather cold on Sunday. The bit of rain on Saturday for the Clio race made for a few missed corners which was very entertaining.

I am going through my images tonight and hopefully will have a few to post over the next few days (y)

Was a good event this.

Loved the F1 car as thats the first one I've heard before :D.

Didn't take too many shots because of the fences but will post a couple up later on.

Travelled up from Essex on Saturday as the weather was supposed to be better and had a great day.

Can't believe it was all free, even the stuff for the kids. I did manage to take some photos though in between the kids queuing / bouncing on the inflatables!

Well I have finally posted some of mine here if you have any time to check them out and comment (y)

Back