Replace fluoro tubes with LED - kitchen cabinets

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

anyone ever swapped out their fluoro tubes for either an led strip or I've seen led "tubes" in Wilkies, that would do? Seem to be forever replacing flickering lights in my kitchen.
Presumably whichever way you go you need new bulb/strip holders as well as the lamps? I have about 9 tubes to replace so might cost a bit I guess.

Cheers!

I replaced my beneath kitchen cabinets fluoro light with a single long LED strip (I opted for cool white). A transformer that dropped the voltage to 12 was needed.
I bought my LED strip + transformer from LEDHUT (very helpfull outfit and a very informative website) who are fast to supply.

The light is excellent from these strips. I use it elsewhere in my house and sheds. Connecting up everything is very straightforward.

We prefer warm white to cool white in the kitchen - feels more comfortable (from ceiling mounted LED spotlights). Picked up and fitted a cool white LED fitting for the bathroom - would have preferred warm white but only realised it was cool after fitting it!

We prefer warm white to cool white in the kitchen - feels more comfortable (from ceiling mounted LED spotlights). Picked up and fitted a cool white LED fitting for the bathroom - would have preferred warm white but only realised it was cool after fitting it!

All down to what your eyes prefer, I suppose.

Other option is to use a dimmer. All LEDHUT strip lights are dimmable, but you must use a dimmer transformer with them.

I am biased. I love LED's. All the lights I have in the house, drive, garden and sheds are LEDS.

Very much so! Like you, we're heading towards LED throughout as and when I get hold of relatively cheap lamps. Not fans of dimmers so can get the cheaper lamps.

I'm all LED lighting in my house now. Some rooms I have warm white and some cool white. My office stroke photography room I have in cool white as it's more suitable for processing pictures, my kitchen main lighting is cool white as well. The rest are warm white as it is easier on the eyes. I've had very few LED lamps fail on me just one or two that flickered. The main failure was in the replacement for my outside floodlight that came on flickering then when switched off remained flickering for about 30 minutes.

same here changed most of the bulbs in the house to date ,garage next on the list

Picked up and fitted a cool white LED fitting for the bathroom - would have preferred warm white but only realised it was cool after fitting it!

I didn't know you could buy `switchable` LED's, but when we had the bathrooms done, the sparkie fitted these; http://www.electricpoint.com/10watt...zels-white-chrome-satin-chrome-and-brass.html Obviously not the cheapest, but at least it gives the option of changing if wanted. (each came with a few different magnetic bezels to suit)

There's no LED lighting in my wife's house, but I've got a few LED flashlights. One is warm white, the rest are cool. I prefer the warm tint which is closer to the old Surefire lights.

Back