Replacement compact needed

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as my Pansonic TZ3 has desided to go faulty can anyone reccomend a good compact for around £150

Cheers

Same as above.....I'd go with Canon or a Lumix.

This seems a good bargain, if a little over your budget: http://www.askdirect.co.uk/Digital-...al-Cameras/Advanced-Compact/sc1790/p7047.aspx

Or maybe one of the IXUS range. This has a rather lovely f2 lens.....my wife has one of these! http://www.parkcameras.com/18419/Canon-IXUS-310-HS---Silver.html?referrer=CamPriceBust

You might also find some secondhand bargains if you look in the classifieds......keep an eye out for a Canon S90 or S95. Great cameras, and should be well within your budget if bought secondhand. (y)

If you look under my user name, you will see that i've tried a few compact cameras and i'm now back with Canon. It's the consistency (accurate AF and metering) and the skin tones that I like. No camera is perfect but Canon gets the important things right, most of the time IMO.

Look here:

Image comparrison site.

This website is also very handy - Clicky

Last edited:
Thanks all

Currently looking at a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ25

£169 from Jessops with £30 cash back so only £139

Anybody got or had one

Thanks all

Currently looking at a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ25

£169 from Jessops with £30 cash back so only £139

Anybody got or had one

Yes i've had one, and compared to the Canon S100, the S100 is more detailed, looks much better in low light and produces better skin colour. Even this old Canon Powershot A430 (4 mega pixel) that I have produces better colour than the TZ25.
If you're not photographing people, then you may not care about the colour thing. I may be able to find some examples to upload if you're interested.

My wife was in the market for a compact a couple of years ago and I liked the S90/95, but she chose the TZ9. It's a good camera but nothing outstanding and I actually prefer my ageing A640 which just seems to produce better images effortlessly. The TZ25 may have came a long way since then, but I'd still be inclined to stick to Canon.

Back