Reportage

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I would like to have a go at crowd/street/reportage style photography but I am struggling as to where to start. Does anyone know if there is a website/listing of potential demonstrations/rallies etc I could go to ?. Thanks

Edinburgh festival is on until the end of August. Great photo opportunities.

or Google Whats On 'Anytown'

Dougie.

Unfortunately Edinburgh is out of my range dougie. Although it would be a great opportunity.

Re marches, demonstrations and rallies, you need to poke about within mainly FaceBook groups, Twitter, sign up for mailing lists and monitor various environmental, political, TU, Brexit, AntiBrexit, left, right and animal rights groups etc. You mentioned Skipton, that's a bit quiet, Leeds will have more happening. Check drill or drop for anti fracking activities in Yorkshire and Lancashire. Always research who ever you might be photographing. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies its appreciated. Steveb, thanks for the info.

The Met Police used to have a section on their website that used to list upcoming demos and rallies. I used to do it a few years ago. Get in the right demo and it’s a real buzz. Enjoy.(y)

Graham, as you earlier mentioned Skipton I'm assuming you are Yorkshire based, so this might be of interest. An example of info in an email from the League Against Cruel Sports. Tomorrow, 10th August, Rally organised by League Against Cruel Sports and Ban Bloodsports on Yorkshire’s Moors in Bradford calling for ban on grouse shooting. Amongst others, speaker Emmerdale star Nick Miles (Jimmy King). 12:00–15:00 Centenary Sq, Sunbridge Rd, Bradford, BD1 1HY. I photographed last years similar event in Hebden Bridge, one photo sold via agency to the Times. Won't be covering this protest, too busy in London tomorrow.

Unfortunately Steve I work nights so I will be in bed till early afternoon, good shout though, I have to look for things to coincide with my days off. Luckily I have a long weekend off next weekend, fri till Tues.

Worth trying to get to one of Kev Mullins workshops if you can. They're only about £80 and you'll learn loads.

Back