Restoring a camera to as new condition

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
As title, I have a Canon F-1 which has seen better days. Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that will put it back into full working condition etc... at a decent price.

Do Jessops do this? Thanks.

you might get more answers if this was posted in the film and conventional section of the forum... some of us old fuddy-duddys don't venture out into Dijical Land very often!

Personally, I've no experience with the F-1, other than knowing it's a lovely camera, and deserves a good CLA service (Clean Lubricate and Adjust...) - cost of which would probably be recouped if you're looking to sell it. Personally, I'd get it cleaned and treat it to a few rolls of Velvia a week for the next couple of decades, but that's just me :shrug:

Last edited:
you might get more answers if this was posted in the film and conventional section of the forum... some of us old fuddy-duddys don't venture out into Dijical Land very often!

Voila - 'tis moved :)

I was so confused when looking for my thread lol I had to go into my statistics and have a look through all my threads...

I saw that repair, there was one on Ebay for £80 but it was in USA. Do you know of any that do that sort of restoration in th UK?

Last edited:
.LLAMAS Photographic Services
this guy does servicing for about £40................"link"

and this guy on eBay does replacement light seals..........."frenchkiddo"

Last edited:
John, I don't know whereabouts you are in the country, but I will offer from experience and good recommends (on t'internet):

Michael Spencer (Camerarepairs-r-Us) Tel:01246 250767 (Clay Cross Nr Chesterfield. Derbyshire.

He did a great job on an Olympus OM2n. He also does Canon. He was working on a Hasselblad when I was last there - I wanted to do an exchange for the OM2n, but no dice :shake:

Hope this helps.

PS: He usually receives by Register post and returns the goods that way, so distance need not be an issue.

Alistair

I always use PREMIER ELECTRONICS Sheffield, They do have a website. great on lenses and mechanical cameras and reasonable costs.

I have used Newton & Ellis to fix an OM 4 which the diopter lens had dropped out and a Yashica 124 which dropped onto concrete and they fixed that plus new light seals cost £109. Very please with the service I got an high standard of work they did on both cameras.

http://www.newtonellis.co.uk/

Drop them an email and see if they will give you a rough quote.

Back