Return after 4 years away

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Probably no one will remember me. My real first name is John and I live in Barnsley South Yorkshire. I havent been around these parts for some 4 years as I havent really done anything with my photography in that time. I used to be very much involved with the modified car scene but again in the last 3 years or so I've moved away from that also. (I guess at 35 I thought it was time to start growing up lol)

Now, I'm pretty much decided that I'm going to return to the hobby and am hoping to purchase a new DSLR in the next couple of weeks. I'm just wondering what people would recommend?? I've been looking at the Canon EOS 550D but am not limited to this camera. I have a budget of around £1k but want a decent camera body with a decent 18-55mm zoom and telephoto zoom (possibly 70-300mm or 50-255mm). I'm very much old school with my photography with most of my previous work being on 35mm with some medium format work. Now I'm wanting to come into the modern world and start exploring the digital world. Thanks for any recommendations in advance.

welcome back, you are not too far from me, Not so sunny sheffield

welcome back, you are not too far from me, Not so sunny sheffield

Cheers guys

You're right and its darned miserable in Sheffield. I've just got back from Meadowhell from purchasing my camera outfit and its chucking it down :-(

Last edited:
Back