Reusable Mounts

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Any ideas for reusable mounts? Like many of us I have a lot of photos some of which I like to hang on the wall and I usually put them in carboard mounts and hang them like that. Since wall space is limited I'm thinking of swapping the photos on a regular basis and it seems like a waste of time, effort and money to mount them so I was wondering if there is anyway of mounting photos in reusable mounts?

An interesting thought.

A ready solution without mounts could be 'poster hangers'. (NB one to look up is made by STAS...if I recall it right)

I can also visualise a purpose made mount that can be constructed to allow for picture swapping (window/aperture mount + thin spacer(to position the print) + backing board(hinge taped to the window mount). Basically a better made version of the likes of event mounts!

Last edited:
I can also visualise a purpose made mount that can be constructed to allow for picture swapping (window/aperture mount + thin spacer(to position the print) + backing board(hinge taped to the window mount). Basically a better made version of the likes of event mounts!
That's not a bad idea at all (y)

That's not a bad idea at all (y)

Glad you can "see" it too.......I might actually put one together myself to try it out for my intended/planned swap out easel of home printings.

Any ideas for reusable mounts? Like many of us I have a lot of photos some of which I like to hang on the wall and I usually put them in carboard mounts and hang them like that. Since wall space is limited I'm thinking of swapping the photos on a regular basis and it seems like a waste of time, effort and money to mount them so I was wondering if there is anyway of mounting photos in reusable mounts?
Could you put photo corners on the back of the mount?

Low tack masking tape?

And there are some repositionable double sided tapes although quite expensive

what would be really good and I haven't googled this (yet) is something like a double sided post-it note

Not sure where it is or what it's called (had it about 20 years!) but there is (or at least was) a glue stick that could be used like Pritt Stick or left to dry, at which point it acted like the sticky bit of a Post-It. I'll have a dig later and see if I can find it.

ETA... Had a dig around where I thought it would (?should!) be and can't find it. If it turns up and I remember, I'll update.

Last edited:
There are many available:

Story of my life and the reason that I have 3 of everything, the sure fire way to find it is to buy another ;)

Problem with that in this instance is knowing what I'm looking for! Google throws up a couple of "brand" options for repositionable glue sticks - 3M and Scotch stuff should be OK (I have a feeling mine was 3M.)

Thinking a bit laterally, could Post-Its be used like sticky tape? The left over paper bits could be used as non-sticky notelets.

Is carefully masked SprayMount an option?

Back