Review Review Template

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all! :wave:

Tom (Jimmy_Lemon) and I have been working on the Review section of TP to try and get this excellent resource utilised more. As part of that we thought it would be useful to have a Review Template for people to use to review their gear. The top section provides a snapshot for people to reference too quickly and then the following section provides an area to review in detail. Obviously there will be products/courses etc that do not fit all sections but you can use the relevant ones.

This is the first draft so suggestions/comments would be more than welcome.
-----------------------------------------------
Maker/Provider:

Product:

Price:

Overall Rating: /10

Overall Summary:

-----------------------------------------------
Detailed Review

In Use

Build Quality

Strengths

Weaknesses

Last edited:
Typo in 'strengths' otherwise good

Plus-
Looking through some of the reviews, some have images missing (red crosses)

Last edited:
Cheers Les.

Not much I can do about the picture links. The directory back lists all threads in the section. I guess all we can do is encourage people to keep their links up to date.

M

Looks good. I think the problem with picture links is, if you use the TP Gallery, you want the space back. For one of my reviews, Marcel moved the images into a new gallery so it didn't use up my limit - can that be done for others.

I certainly don't want to tie up my gallery hosting review pics forever!

:agree: good idea but without mod approval for each image/review it could be tricky? Oo UNLESS we create a 'Reviewer' user account with it's own gallery? Then someone submits a review to it with pics and then the Review account posts them up. Using it's own TP gallery to keep the pics stable :shrug:

we would provide gallery space for images, Bod has OCD for this sort of thing

Wahey coolio! Thanks Matty/Bodness.

Is it a post review then request job?

we would provide gallery space for images, Bod has OCD for this sort of thing

Bod has OCD for a lot of things lol

Maybe add a section to the review template

Is it ok to copy images to a seperate gallery ? Y/N or make it a requirement of the reviews section ? that way you dont have to ask all the time if you need to relocate the images ?

Last edited:
I have FTP access to a part of the TP webspace. When someone posts a new tutorial I make backup copies of the images in case they get deleted at some future date. I don't edit the threads though while it is not broken.

If someone wants to free up gallery or other space I could copy review pictures to TP space and edit the review to the new locations. Can't say I fancy going through all the old reviews saving images just in case. So if you need the space report your thread and I'll sort it... unless someone has a better idea.

Back