South-West England RIAT crash gate 14a?

Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know if access was restricted to pedestrians around the north side of the runway last year?

We've missed the last 2 years and since Rhymes was closed I had a feeling it wouldn't be long before the roads to the North would become 'no go' areas

On the official website it says anyone not entering the airbase should watch from the south side as safety is their main priority but doesn't mention if restrictions are in place on the North side

These are the roads in question, cheers

fairford.JPG

I think its the same situation as Duxford's naughty field Phil, No access.. but I could be wrong. I miss Rhymes also. We just end up going to Totterdown.

I think its the same situation as Duxford's naughty field Phil, No access.. but I could be wrong. I miss Rhymes also. We just end up going to Totterdown.

Cheers Jason.
We normally park up on the outskirts of Fairford and cycle the rest, the viewing from around the north side/ crach gates has always been great. Last time we went, a couple of years ago, they did say access would be restricted to pedestrians but it wasn't really in-forced.

We're going to try do the same again this year so no-doubt we'll be finding out!

How did you get on Phil.?

Terrible! :LOL:

It was a right PITA, viewing from the north side was very limited.

I presumed the link road to the gate would be closed but they'd also closed the road to Marston Meysey, the one that runs parallel to the runway, all in the name of H&E.

When I asked why the display was flying over 1000's of queuing cars still tying to enter the show ground, the chap just shrugged his shoulders.

We should have headed back to Fairford and tried down the road to Totterdown, near the gravel pit but tbh, I couldn't be ar*ed.

Did you go Jason?

We've missed the last couple of years and was looking forward to it but thought the display in general was a little disappointing. We went Saturday, a good start with a few jets but then it just seemed slow until late afternoon.

On the plus side, weather was far better than forecast, dry, warm with a few sunnier moments (y)

Terrible! :LOL:

It was a right PITA, viewing from the north side was very limited.

I presumed the link road to the gate would be closed but they'd also closed the road to Marston Meysey, the one that runs parallel to the runway, all in the name of H&E.

When I asked why the display was flying over 1000's of queuing cars still tying to enter the show ground, the chap just shrugged his shoulders.

We should have headed back to Fairford and tried down the road to Totterdown, near the gravel pit but tbh, I couldn't be ar*ed.

Did you go Jason?

We've missed the last couple of years and was looking forward to it but thought the display in general was a little disappointing. We went Saturday, a good start with a few jets but then it just seemed slow until late afternoon.

On the plus side, weather was far better than forecast, dry, warm with a few sunnier moments (y)

Bugger..

Better than you by the sounds of it.. lol

Met a few friends at Totterdown on Saturday and had a nice day. I know it’s not always great to see all of the action, but I feel it better than inside as it were..

Jason

Back