Richmond cameras anyone?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I ahve searched but cant find anyone reviewing..

All looks and seems too good to be true.. 3 yr warranty. great feedback scores.. yet i never heard of them before and nobody seems to have asked on here before..

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/richmondcameras?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

great saving on a canon 24-70mkII as well ..... yes I know grey import but not a problem with that..

I've bought a few high value used items from there back when it was Kimchimsun - been going a long time and never had any issues.

I've bought a few high value used items from there back when it was Kimchimsun - been going a long time and never had any issues.

I have used them as Kimchimsun too with no problem. (wouldn't have known it was the same trader though!)

Personally not a fan as they sniped every single Olympus camera I went for that were refurbs on ebay and rubbed it in via email, but they did respond pretty quickly to questions and were polite if a little p*** takey.

I contacted them to ask the delivery times on the 24-70 they are advertising.. only to be told they dont have it in stock and therefore can't sell me one..

I absoloutly hate companies who advertise items they don't even have :(

Apologies for bumping an old thread as I thought it would be better than to create a new one. I am considering using Richmond Cameras to get a 5D MKIII, as their prices new are the same as one from Wex used. Yes I admit that I am still slightly suspicious over the whole Grey Import area. So I sent them an email questioning their warranty policies & David sent me an email explaining that there warranty is UK based as they use a company called Fixation for repairs which strangely enough is the same repair company that Wex uses. David also explained to me that should an item become faulty within the 3yrs of purchase, then I would need to sent it to Fixation & get a reference number, then send that reference to Richmond & they would pay for the repair.

I was wondering if anyone has had dealings Positive / Negative dealings with Richmond, since ?.

Many Thanks

I bought new from Richmond, a 24-120 lens that I noticed had become soft on one side. I emailed them, they asked me to send to fixation who quoted the repair cost which Richmond covered (faulty VR unit). No hassle really so would have confidence buying from again.

I bought new from Richmond, a 24-120 lens that I noticed had become soft on one side. I emailed them, they asked me to send to fixation who quoted the repair cost which Richmond covered (faulty VR unit). No hassle really so would have confidence buying from again.

Thank you for the reply it is good to know they are still genuine.

Hey everybody, HELP PLEASE!

I have an A7sii that I bought from Richmondcam a year ago. It has just died for absolutely no reason, came up with an error saying to restart the camera and it never switched back on... The camera is in great condition and until now has worked flawlessly, very odd...

I'm trying to get hold of Richmoncam to use my three year warranty but I believe their eBay shop no longer exists. Does anyone have an email or telephone number for Richmondcam or David that they wouldn't mind forwarding to me?

I'd be extremely grateful for any help or advice!
My email is rossvmcdonald@gmail.com

Many thanks!!

Back