Richmond Cameras London

these have come up before. most of there gear is either used or grey import , though there feedback is shown as good you wont get any warranty with anything.

these have come up before. most of there gear is either used or grey import , though there feedback is shown as good you wont get any warranty with anything.
I'm assuming the 3 year warranty will be similar to that of Panamoz etc etc? Are they reliable and safe to order from?

An old thread but rather than start a new one would just like to put my experience of using Richmond camera's down in case any one else doing a search for info?

I ordered a 80-40mm Nikon lens and a D7200 body this week

The price difference on the lens was a no brainer really at £500+ cheaper than a UK one?

The D7200 body was not such a massive saving but obviously a cheaper item to begin with!

There was a saving of £120 on the body, but at the moment they are doing a free grip with a UK model? So if you want the grip possibly the UK one a better buy? I though didn't want the grip so the £120 saving was enough to make it worth while and added to the lens saving meant a £600++ saving (nearly the price of the D7200 body at UK prices!)

I ordered the items on Tuesday morning and by early the same afternoon had received my tracking for next day delivery via UPS (crap all day service got to stay in all day but not there fault just couriers haha!)

Package turned up Wednesday afternoon very well packaged with over zealous use of packing tape (no bad thing!)

The lens was 100% new as described box fresh!

The only slight disappointment with the body was that it was a kit box that they had taken the lens out of? No big deal I guess but I would have preferred just the body box for my OCD box collection haha! (maybe buy the lens to complete the box LOL)

Otherwise the body was indeed new and I did a shutter count to double check!

Obviously I no experience and hopefully won't need any with there repair/customer feedback services, but for a UK based supplier of grey imports with a long standing ebay feedback of 100% I hopefully can't see there would be much mither?

The savings obviously tilted the balance for me to go this route and I would deffinetly use them again! I recently bought a D810 but the difference being only £350 made me go UK route on that particular item so it a balancing act I guess of how likely you think the item may go wrong and the savings in the first place?

My way of thinking is that a lens is less likely to go wrong than a complicated D810 body? Only time will tell :)

Don't be concerned about repair/returns, bought quite a bit from them and had issues with two items, a lens that was soft on one side (VR unit needed fixing) and a camera that had a misaligned AF unit. Lens was sent to fixation for repair under their warranty, they covered the cost in full. Got full refund for the camera, despite putting a couple of thousand clicks on it (was new grey market D750).

Brought my D750 from Richmond Cameras, first one the AF wasn't quite right so they replaced it straight away no questions asked. Not as cheap as Panamoz but service is just as good and they can do next day delivery.

Back