Rig shots & light painted Golf

Name
andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey!

Here are some recent photos of a golf :)

Light Painted:

6955767311_e193e06ffe_z.jpg

6955783469_aef2fc0932_z.jpg

On The Rig:

6809648482_9bab57136c_z.jpg

6809663104_732fc7c632_z.jpg

A magic arm arrived the day after I did the rig shots :bang: so I will get that on the rig this week, on weds with any luck and get some new shots. The car has gone under the knife as well ;) so looks a little different so will be nice to get some new photos..
All feedback welcomed, good or bad :)

Thanks
aTHOMPSON

no.1 not sure about the wavy lines from your light source and also with no.2 the car looks dirty. apart from that no.2 i like.

no.3 to me is a little underexposed with the sun being behind the car and blowing out the sky.

4th I like its just a little soft and perhaps needs a slight contrast boost?

only my thoughts.

kman

Thanks for the comments.

Fair enough with the wavy lines, I can see why people may not like that.. The car was filthy as well, it was more for technique rather than content (hopefully that makes sense). There have been some changes to the car, I was hoping to go out tomorrow night but think it may be on thurs now to get some new photos with a clean and straight car, no lights missing or bumpers hanging off etc lol

For me with no.2 that corner of the car facing the camera doesn't have enough light on it, after looking back at the photo a lot.. the bottom half of the bumper is very dark.

no.3 I liked with the sky being blown out but each to their own, I can understand that it won't be to everyone's taste.

as for 4. yea the contrast was an issue on this photo as was getting a smooth rig shot, bumpy sandy beach with sea weed crap everywhere, lowered suspension and low profile tyres don't make it easy but they do all look good in the photo.

I will either post the new photos in here or a link to the new ones once they are done :D

Thanks
aTHOMPSON

Thanks Sneek.

Ok so the golf has had some surgery, a nice face lift and a spray tan. Here are some new photos

6856562380_37f7dcae2d_c.jpg

6987667563_4e40a95c3e_c.jpg

Thanks
aTHOMPSON

Thanks Kman, Mike is that with the car in blue or the one of the rear of the golf when it was green?

cheers

aThompson,

The first shot of the car when it's in light blue, what pp did you do to get the dull erry background and the car to pop?

Car looks awesome.

great, liking the second rig shot, can we see the rig ?

Matt, it was very misty / foggy that morning so that is pretty much natural :)

I was driving along an A road the week before and turned off down this lane and thought it would be perfect for a few shots.
This is a quick shot I got, I hadn't finished the car off then.. it needed some spacers for the front wheels. Grill to arrive in the post and the bonnet needed respraying. Anyway that's not the point, it was to see what it looked like as a location lol

6981599211_4aa7d5123b_z.jpg

The following week I was in the area again, so made sure the car was sorted and I had my gear with me. The colours have been tweaked slightly. I used three flash guns on the car and that's what gives it the pop I think, settings were iso 100, f5 and 1/60 on a nikon d7000 and 50mm.

The previous time I was there I hadn't seen a single car come along the lane, this time there was 2 cars and a lorry :/ which was a pain and very typical.

as for the rig Vass here ya go :
6856665598_a215ee4c4e_c.jpg

A couple of suction cups, i'm not to sure how long the pole is there I will probably have it out later so I will measure it. Finally got round to sticking my magic arm on the end as well. It arrived the day after doing the photos of the golf when it was green..

Thanks
aTHOMPSON

The 2 of the car in blue are the best for me. I like the murky background with the bright Golf in the foreground. Oh and a Mk4 front end on a Mk3 body.......different, very different, do many people know it's a mash up do they they just think Mk4?

Can you put a Bora front end on a mk3 then as well? heven't seen a mk3 mk4 combo before, rig looks good, is it a kit or one you put together?

Just out of curiosity where were the 3 flashes placed?

Edit: Ah my bad :LOL: I thought it was a bit wide for a rig

Last edited:
aleung, Thanks, the weather early in the morning recently has be awesome and I've had the sort of shot I wanted in my head for a while so I'm glad I was able to create it!

This was at 5.30 am on the morning of Ultimate Dubs, I was on route to a convoy meeting point. But had to just quickly pull over and grab a flash gun and get a quick snap in the fog. Really cool weather recently.

6981599429_168b5f7618_z.jpg

So far 'vw' people if you like, know that it's not a mk4, and they tend to know exactly which model the front end has come from. (it's not a mk4 front. well it is, but it wouldn't fit on a mk4..) then other people double take it, look at the front ah mk4 go to the side, huh, mk3? wtf?! and then they puke up.. lol

cheers

sko77y,

you could, but not bolt straight on. that front is from a mk3.5 cab. so it looks like a mk4 but is the same size as a mk3. but you have to change a fair few bits over.. so if you took a bora front end it would be to wide for the mk3 or something like that, but you could chop it up :D I've seen one, google isn't bringing up any photos of any unfortunately but it did look pretty cool.

As for the flashes one either side on the front and then one lighting up the back quarter

Ah I'm with you know, knew you could get a mk4 bolf, never knew there was a 3.5!

Cheers for that, mite invest in some more flashes after seeing that :)

It was only really the cabriolet that was a mk3.5 afaik, because they put that mk4 lookalike bodykit on it as it was being sold as a 'mk4' alongside the real mk4 hatches etc. but the basic car was still a mk3 really.

Nice. Is it a bare flash you are using or a modifier with it?

Kman - bare flash no modifiers
sko77y - or take multiple shots and layer them up after ;) but always probs worth having more flashes anyway..

Cheers

love the new colour! the borbets really give it a nice clean finish!

love the last picture before ud! came out awesome!

Thanks Neil, I still have the steels and I'm thinking of sticking them back on :/ lol and selling the borbets :wacky:

Thanks I wish I had more time that morning. I need to get up really early again to get some more :)

Cheers
Andrew

Hey!

Here are some recent photos of a golf :)

Light Painted:

6955767311_e193e06ffe_z.jpg

6955783469_aef2fc0932_z.jpg

Thanks
aTHOMPSON

What lens did you use for taking this photo also what settings? Photo looks spot on in my opinion.

And also to answer someone else, mk 3.5... there are quite a few about (y)

I took a picture of one at Early Edition but never got around to uploading as the picture didn't come out too great!:thumbsdown:

Back