RIP Whitney Houston

It might be better to hold off speculation - as was proved in the case of Winehouse!

I'm allowed to speculate surely and whether Amy died due to Alcohol or drugs doesn't really come into it. Substance misuse/abuse covers all I think. Also, right back at yer, be careful about what you read in papers and what is the truth.

R.I.P. Whitney. :(

Watching Whitney Houston : A Tribute' on VH1. She was an excellent singer, I loved her 80's stuff (naturally 80's FTW!) but the vast majority of her songs were great - IMO anyway.

Sad news :-( . I took the wife to see her at Wembley on her Moment Of Truth tour in 1988 I think. She was awesome, the only act I've seen live who sounded the same live as they did on album.

Sad news :-( . I took the wife to see her at Wembley on her Moment Of Truth tour in 1988 I think. She was awesome, the only act I've seen live who sounded the same live as they did on album.

Was she lip syncing?

Sickipedia is not the place for the easily offended. Maybe you should dodge it if you're offended.

oh im definatly not easily offended, i probably submitted my fair share of really below the belt jokes on there that would get me thrown off here if i ever posted them, but today there is absolutly nothing but whitney jokes, I mean the poor woman isn't even cold yet.

Last edited:
All I know is that her biggest hit use to advertise Birds Eye Beef Burgers. (Albeit the original Dolly version)

Still, sad for anyone to lose their life, how ever it happened.

Not a big fan of jokes about a person's death, so will stay away from Sickipedia.

Her music was not something I'd buy, but happilly listen to on the radio if it came on. No denying she had a tremendous voice.

you know that with valentines day coming up, her love songs are really gonna max out the charts

Cowell now jumps in as well. Do celebs really think that all the people in the whole world wants to know what they have to say ?

I have never been a fan of her, but all the same it is sad that an another well known celebrity was taken away in the prime of their life

She was hardly in her prime. 15-20 years ago maybe.

Such a shame, but i could see this coming once you've done crack its all down hill no matter how much money you have

Sickipedia is not the place for the easily offended. Maybe you should dodge it if you're offended.

Sad that someone died and my heart goes out to those left behind, but if you mess with drugs things can go wrong. It appears that this is the case.
And so i just to visit Sickipedia and spend an hour or two.

there was one that i remembered which even made me cringe a bit and I assume it may get deleted if I say it so I probably better not.

Go on, go for it!... ;)

Well if i get flamed im blaming you, co's i didnt wanna post it

MOD EDIT: Rather inappropriate and there are words out of place so it doesn't even make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like Whitney Houston's music, or Amy Winehouse's either, but that's neither here nor there.

WH was apparently using powerful prescription tranquillisers, and I'm assuming her death may have had something to do with drink and/or drugs, but I'm not very judgemental, and it's a sad end. A couple of my friends messed up their lives and died because of drink related 'accidents'. Their own fault, whatever, they were still my friends. Joan Baez put it well enough, "There but for fortune..............".

Half an hour after she was pronounced dead Sony raised the price of her greatest hits album.

Cue the album release and top of the chart again. I have no clue why as soon as someone dies people think "Wow, I really want to buy their best of album right now".

Sad loss, unfortunately when someone famous succumbs to addiction it is a tragedy, when the thousands of not so fortunate do, all people have to say is "Good. One less junkie in the world"

saw bodyguard on sale in tescos today, how convinient. Stores and record companies really do like to cash in when someone dies its proper greed at its darkest.

Half an hour after she was pronounced dead Sony raised the price of her greatest hits album.

They ARE in business to make money...

saw bodyguard on sale in tescos today, how convinient. Stores and record companies really do like to cash in when someone dies its proper greed at its darkest.

I blame the muppets that weren't interested in these people (and their music/movies) when they were alive, yet as soon as they pop their clogs they feel a burning need to buy the "greatest hits". Does Whitney's death all of a sudden make her more listenable?
Not in my house.

They all do it, in Asda yesterday they had her greatest hits blaring out

Ricardodaforce said:
They ARE in business to make money...

I blame the muppets that weren't interested in these people (and their music/movies) when they were alive, yet as soon as they pop their clogs they feel a burning need to buy the "greatest hits". Does Whitney's death all of a sudden make her more listenable?
Not in my house.

I'm with you on this, everyone goes mad for it.

Her greatest hits were in Dunelm Mill today........they were were all covers.

Back