RIP Whitney Houston

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Details still emergin, but aged 48...... Such a shame.......she was once an absolutely brilliantly talented singer.

Couldn't believe it when first told by a friend, so sad!

RIP Whitney.

Not really my cup of tea but what a voice.

A sad loss.

Seems unclear at the moment but I'm betting it's down to drugs. Such a pity to see such a beautiful voice ruined in this way.:(

Doog said:
Seems unclear at the moment but I'm betting it's down to drugs. Such a pity to see such a beautiful voice ruined in this way.:(

It might be better to hold off speculation - as was proved in the case of Winehouse!

Yeh great voice...........

she had it all though and wasted all

I saw her perform at the NEC back in the Eighties. She got the whole place moving performing from a central stage.
Such a shame.

oh shock horror.

has been washed up celeb dies and it's the "RIP you were the greatest ever" all over facebook and everywhere........

I feel for her nearest and dearest..... but honestly... it was on the cards...

oh shock horror.

has been washed up celeb dies and it's the "RIP you were the greatest ever" all over facebook and everywhere........

:plus1:

Sure, it was on the cards, but there's no denying she was the greatest by some metrics e.g. record sales (though give me Anita Baker any day).

As for feeling for anyone, how about the pap who took these?

oh shock horror.

You knew it would appear on here - so why bother reading and then negative commenting?

For me didn't know her - yes a great voice and spawned a number of 'copiests'.

Another unable to cope with the fame and it's related trappings - perhaps?

You surprise me

Last edited:
Lynton said:
oh shock horror.

I have to agree with you. Yes she was a talented singer and she was up there with the best of them and although nothing confirmed as yet you can bet that her habits didn't help.

That's what I find strange about today's society, we spend all out time telling out kids watch out for booze, stay away from drugs etc and then idolise these so called stars when they do it (Best, Jackson, Houston, Winehouse to name a few).

Maybe next Christmas I will get my son a crack pipe and some cans of Stella!!!

RIP Whitney, thoughts go out to all your loved ones.

Can't remember if it was Russell Harty, Wogan or Parky who introduced her to the mainstream UK audience, but she had straightened hair. I bought the sheet music and a girl at work said she supposed I preferred girls like "that Whitney Houston"!

[youtube]5pL-3ZoEWqA[/youtube]

She certainly enjoyed the craic. What a waste.

You knew it would appear on here - so why bother reading and then negative commenting?

For me didn't know her - yes a great voice and spawned a number of 'copiests'.

Another unable to cope with the fame and it's related trappings - perhaps?

You surprise me

yeah sorry for having an opinion. :shrug:

talented - she was in her prime. (y)

she seemed to cope quite well when she was famous - i.e. in her prime - circa bodyguard etc...

I just get annoyed at what appears to be the trend now. Celeb dies and everyone mourns like she was their best friend...... and how sad and tragic is was etc etc...

She was only a cover artiste so not that much of a talent really but she did have a good voice.

Just 'cause people have money, do they have to spiral out of control with drink and drugs?

she seemed to cope quite well when she was famous - i.e. in her prime - circa bodyguard etc...

I just get annoyed at what appears to be the trend now. Celeb dies and everyone mourns like she was their best friend...... and how sad and tragic is was etc etc...

No need to apologise - we're all entitled to them. Even those who may be affected by the loss even though they didn't 'know' her.

People like her - ie rich and famous will have had an effect/influence on others lives.
Those others will have a reaction to the event of that persons death.

What surprises me is the negativity toward those peoples feelings.

To a degree I agree with you Lynton - but it's Sunday - the wife aint here to annoy so I thought I'd throw a controversial comment in;)

It's very sad that she died (as with anyone)

But I think I am going to scream or maybe kill a few people myself if I see anymore embedded "I will always love you" videos! :bang:

How do I feel about the death of Whitney Houston?

It's not right. But it's ok.

:exit:

oh shock horror.

Got to agree.

Certainly no surprise here.

saw the news on yahoo. read a bit of it . and those celeb tweets just make me sick. they can't even use proper grammar to express their thoughts which have no value or meaning.

Feel sorry for her family and loved ones though.

you might say she died young, but she had a fabulous life.

Lynton said:

+1

And since it's so close to Valentine's Day, what's the betting that the "I will always love yoooooooooooooooooou" soundtrack will go flying straight up to No 1 on the download charts.

I have never been a fan of her, but all the same it is sad that an another well known celebrity was taken away in the prime of their life - just like Amy Whinehouse (who I've never been a fan of neither).

Last edited:
2012 has brought about the death of one of the finest, symbolic women of our generation. She was the backbone of her industry and those that performed alongside her were inspired by her undoubted talent. Since the 1980s she has had an overiding presence and will be missed by everyone.

RIP Pat Butcher.

oh shock horror.

:clap::clap::clap:

2012 has brought about the death of one of the finest, symbolic women of our generation. She was the backbone of her industry and those that performed alongside her were inspired by her undoubted talent. Since the 1980s she has had an overiding presence and will be missed by everyone.

RIP Pat Butcher.

:D

Rest in peace. I see the jokes over at sickpedia have already bombarded the site. I think it too soon

Rest in peace. I see the jokes over at sickpedia have already bombarded the site. I think it too soon

Sickipedia is not the place for the easily offended. Maybe you should dodge it if you're offended.

Sad that someone died and my heart goes out to those left behind, but if you mess with drugs things can go wrong. It appears that this is the case.

Back