River Spey

Name
Ross
Edit My Images
No
Anyone who is familiar with the area give me some points of interest around the river Spey?

End of this month I'm doing a 4 day canoe trip from Loch Insh down to Spey bay over 4 days. Debating whether or not its worth taking my kit.

There'll be plenty of distilleries and might even be worth making some of them part of your itinerary? You'll also have quite a lot of irate fisherman glowering and shaking their fists at you, but that might not be what you wanted! :rolleyes:

Speyside was a paradise for me in my youth (many moons ago) when I went to fish in the river and surrounding lochs. I was not into photography way back then.
You will have a regret that that will persist to torment you if you don't take your kit. The area is a wealth of riches.

Have a look here:-
http://www.speysideimages.co.uk/

That website will better illustrate anything I can tell you.

You'll get a pretty unique perspective from a canoe. You'd probably regret not taking your gear!

If you can get into the more remote areas of the Caledonian pine forest, you'll find the ancient pine trees are amazing.
Well it'll be early morning and dusk shots near to where we camp. Have to remember to take a water tight bag!

Back