RL for Fabs

Not looking good at all Ade, thankfully Cas beat Hull KR which keeps Saints in the play off positions.

Leeds looking very good, 4 points off the top but with 2 games in hand

I only get to see the Friday night games, so have not seen much to be honest mate.Just the highlight show.

Pretty hard to judge, but I think Wigan will be strong again.

Saints are gone, nothing but last chance saloon play offs for them.
I can't remember them being so low nearly halfway through a season.

Bailey will be in a few scrapes this season but the one to watch is Leeds Wakey.
We gots this new prop/equalizer, tough but fair unless you start something nothing to do with RL, well we had a pre-season with Leeds, and Bailey started something he wasn't conscious long enough to finish, our man got the red, Bailey got the smelling salts.......and they haven't met since.
TBH, I can only see the same outcome, our man is not to be messed with which unfairly makes him a bit of a liability, but that's the way things are going, it'll be touch and pass before you know it.

Nah, they'll come good, its just too late for a top 4 and the CCup, they'll be shooting for a long run in the play offs now.

Its funny how it works out, there's a lot of talk about SL not being competitive, like its the same clubs that finish at the top end every year, yet this season has seen bottom beating top and form/reputation going out the window.
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised by any score from any one off match up, doubtless it will still be a Leeds/Wigan final though.

Nah, they'll come good, its just too late for a top 4 and the CCup, they'll be shooting for a long run in the play offs now.

Its funny how it works out, there's a lot of talk about SL not being competitive, like its the same clubs that finish at the top end every year, yet this season has seen bottom beating top and form/reputation going out the window.
I genuinely wouldn't be surprised by any score from any one off match up, doubtless it will still be a Leeds/Wigan final though.

Hopefully the 1st bit is true, the rest I can't disagree with.

Brilliant advert for RL today.

Huddersfields defence was excellent, no excuses, best team won.

Bugger.

Crap, forgot it was on! Not surprising I suppose. :LOL:

So, Saints & Leeds both out in the early rounds, the cup could get interesting or it could be predictable and they should hand the trophy to Wigan now. :D

Oh I dunno...

Catalans, Warrington and Shudds can all turn it on.

Anyway, there's the small matter of tomorrow and HKR.

HKR are hit and miss, BUT only a couple of weeks ago Wigan put a cricket score on them in a league match.
Its at Hull and Rovers will be up for this game.....my tip for a shock..;)

Well. it brightened my night up......lol

I ate Leeds

Be a different game tomorrow though, with half the team made up of ex Wakey players, Warrington are not one dimensional Leeds....:p

First 20 minutes or so, I thought same old same old but then, as Saints got better, Leeds did what they usually do when things start to go against them and indiscipline took over.

Tomorrow should be a cracker, especially if Roby's back. Should be a close one.

Been some odd results recently, us losing last night, though I thought HKR were very unlucky against Wigan,Warrington losing to Widnes,Saints being Wigan. Very topsy Turvy season.

I don`t think the cup final is a a foregone Wigan win, Hull are playing well.

Good to see all teams with so much British young blood in them, bodes well for the future of the game.

Been a weird season, everybody beating/losing to everybody.

A win for Huddersfield in London today would all but seal the league leaders trophy. A defeat for Wigan at Catalans would improve Leeds' chances of getting 3rd place.

Saints' form has improved dramatically recently. Given that, a short while ago, pundits were talking about them missing out on the play-offs for the first time, they've now all but consolidated 5th place.

2012 - Leeds 5th, Saints 3rd. Leeds beat Saints in the Grand Final. I'm hoping for the exact opposite this year. :D

We are so inconsistent this year Marc, yeah we have injuries, but so does everybody else.

From what I have seen, no Sky in our house so pub rugby only, Hudds seem the most consistent and will probably get the leaders shield. What happens after that ,who knows.

I watched you beat Wigan, Saints played very well,Hull were superb when they beat Hudds, so it will be another end of season lotto I think.

interesting that they'e done it after palming their coach off to us! :LOL:
Eh...............:thinking:

Yeah,right..................:LOL:

Might not happen Gary, Hudds have been good all season, occasional glitch, but a good strong side.

Wigan beaten again. Strange season, but exciting for it.

Saints threw that away in the first 20 minutes last night Marc.

The Wigan Hull game must nave been a belter,shame the final was such a drab affair.

Saints threw that away in the first 20 minutes last night Marc.

The Wigan Hull game must nave been a belter,shame the final was such a drab affair.

The 1st half hour was so frustrating, we just didn't turn up! Wigan/Hull looks like it was a corker!

Jockying for position next week then. Ironic that 3rd plays 4th & 5th plays 6th, going to be an interesting weekend.

Great pictures on your website Gary.
I'll be at the Leeds/Wigan game on Thursday (in fan capacity) - the first game I'll have managed to get to in a while. Looking forward to it a lot - will hopefully be a corker of a game. Made even more exciting by the fact it'll decide who finishes 3rd.

Simon

Superb game, Saints unlucky to lose out. But what a game, simply brilliant. Great entertainment and we may do it again now.

Got to agree, one of the best games I've seen in a while. I was praying during that last couple of minutes that we'd keep the lead.

Simon

Any news on Jamie Jones injury?

So, Warrington chose Huddersfield, meaning it's Leeds vs Wigan.
I was surprised tbh, I thought Warrington would pick Leeds.
Both Delaney and Jamie Jones remain a doubt for playing on Friday but Brian McDermott has said they'll give it until the latest moment until making a decision on them.

Simon

Wire were never picking Leeds, they have too much play off experience, Huddersfield may be league champs but their play off experience is less than all the other teams, plus wire have a good record against them in cup knockout games.

Club call should be scrapped as it demeans the game as does the second chance for the 2 highest losers in week 1.

Leeds were poor last night. Watkins should have come off, we played with 12 men. JJB looked injured as did Jones Bishop, Maguire was off form, we looked jaded from the start and Wigan did not have to play well to beat us.They deserved to win last night.

But, Warrington looked very strong on Thursday, they took the Giants on in the forwards and beat them up, Wigan cannot take them on up front. If they spread the ball well, they can beat Warrington, but I think Warrington will be too good and too strong for Wigan, but you never know in finals.

Should be a cracker and there are a few playing final games. Tomkins,Richards,Morley and Carvell, they will all want to sign off with a final win.

Last edited:
Back