Road trip - San Fran / Vegas / LA

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
What an amazing adventure!!! We saw so much, I got really bad food poisoning the night before an 8 and a half hour car journey from Yosemite to Vegas and an American apologised for his country due to the pool being shut at our hotel :D

Highlight of the trip was Venice Beach which was just amazing, but San Fran was my favourite city overall. I hated Vegas... mainly because I was still ill whilst there but also because it's just horrible. Although Iwish I'd seen old vegas... I get the feeling that would have been cool!

Anyway too many pics to post in here so if you want to see them (they are mainly arty farty and not holiday snaps) feel free to click on the link below... here's one to give you a taster in the mean time tho:

10796813904_e3a00930f2_z.jpg

USA road trip - San Francisco / Las Vegas / LA | Andy Hudson Photography

just looked through all the pics on the link and have to say ...what a great set of pictures, they really give a sense of place and take you right into the heart of the location.

you have also whetted my appetite for such a trip as I fancy driving the pacific coast highway and vegas is a must for poker player me.

I don't normally look here on P&P, but glad I did today. The images on your link are fabulous and give a great 'documentation' of your adventure. Thanks for sharing.

Stunning set of photos, makes me want to take the trip

Good grief Andy. This is a ridiculous set. They just kept getting better and better. I honestly wish I could get holiday shots like this. I have just visited florida, drove from Orlando to the Keys and got nothing anywhere near this good. Makes me want to go back and try again.

My favourites here are the skate park and the basketball court immediately after. The monos are brilliant but the sunset silouette and the basketball ones give a great feeling of warmth and kinda make me want to like there (I want to live in the US anyway).

*throws camera away* (y)

Good grief Andy. This is a ridiculous set. They just kept getting better and better. I honestly wish I could get holiday shots like this. I have just visited florida, drove from Orlando to the Keys and got nothing anywhere near this good. Makes me want to go back and try again.

My favourites here are the skate park and the basketball court immediately after. The monos are brilliant but the sunset silouette and the basketball ones give a great feeling of warmth and kinda make me want to like there (I want to live in the US anyway).

*throws camera away* (y)

Gaz mate I've seen your pics and if you didn't get as good as this on your recent trip I'm confident you will next time :)

Santa Monica, one of my favourite places and some nice images on your site.

Blown away by this set fella. Fantastic work and very inspirational, brought back a few memories of San Fran and Venice Beach. Love the look of your website as well, one of the best I've seen for a long time.

This is one of the threads that makes you want to pick up your camera and try harder!

Excellent pictures Andy.....takes me back to our honeymoon when we did the exact same trip. Went over Tioga Pass too.....down to Mono Lake then Death Valley to Vegas etc etc. Your pics are way better than mine though!!

super cool collection of images there!! Loos like an awesome time! :)

really nice set mate, was gonna be heading over there next year but looks like Oz may be on the cards now.

Nice set there. Makes me wish I'd put a bit more effort into shooting when I was there earlier in the year.

The shot of the couple kissing on the pier is great, couldn't have set that up better. I'm jealous of you getting misty weather too, I was there in June which meant flat grey weather in the morning, followed by scorching sun all day.

Some amazing stuff buddy!! Makes me feel like I was there with you!

Any advice you can give us lot wanting to do the same trip? Camera tips, as in what you brought and what worked? Guess its 35mm or 50mm right?

Anyways great stuff, love it!

I can only echo what others have said, fantastic set of photographs, brilliantly seen and taken (y)

good good good. some of them appear to be slightly overexposed and WB is a bit inconsistent BUT there are a few images that I absolutely love:
I hope you do not mind me pasting my faves here if so mods can delete it or I can edit and remove.

USA002.jpg

This would make for a cracking stock photo!!!!
USA028.jpg

USA048.jpg

USA057.jpg

Some amazing stuff buddy!! Makes me feel like I was there with you!

Any advice you can give us lot wanting to do the same trip? Camera tips, as in what you brought and what worked? Guess its 35mm or 50mm right?

Anyways great stuff, love it!

Cheers Andy! I would advise skipping Vegas and driving along the coast… I can understand why people would want to see Vegas, after all I did… but honestly I didn't like it at all and it's a LONG journey (albeit through amazing scenery which kind of makes it worthwhile).

I shot mainly on 50mm prime or 24-70mm zoom. I also took me 70-200mm and carried it with me everywhere, hardly used it and ended up with a bad back… so I'd advise not taking one of those :D

Thanks Darren and Lee :)

Tommy the W/B is probably because I messed around loads with the editing and experimented a lot. I usually edit in a different style with more saturated colours but got halfway through and didn't think it fitted the pics very well so started again and did them in this style instead. That would probably account for that I think.

I don't mind you posting your favorites… always nice to see which pics people have liked the most :)

I tend to go for slightly brighter images so the over exposure I think will have been deliberate and through booting the contrast a lot, although I could be wrong as not sure which pics you are referring to :)

Back