Roberts Santa Pod Flame + Thunder pictures (56k?)

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Something new for me and the chance to meet up with some other forum members. It was a good day out and I might even go again sometime!

Anyway I have plenty of pictures I could share but I've kept it down to 16 for now.

This one was through the fence - but look at the wheel shape!
sp1.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp3.jpg

sp4.jpg

sp5.jpg

sp6.jpg

sp7.jpg

sp8.jpg

sp9.jpg

sp10.jpg

sp11.jpg

sp12.jpg

sp13.jpg

sp14.jpg

sp15.jpg

sp16.jpg

Think I'd have circulated about more if I'd been on my own - got a bit cold standing around. Thanks are due to Joe for suggesting the event and rounding up us lost forum members :)

Nice set Robert, funny I have some that are very similar to yours which I was gonna post, so I guess I better choose some others instead :)

#2 is cropped to about 50% of the original. All the others are uncropped except #10 the air intake detail which was a bit wonky so I straightened it.

Thought I'd better get in quick before *I* was posting the same shots ;)

Great shots Robert, they are all good but my favourite is the first one showing the jet engine (#5), superb capture.

Good set of shots Robert - I like the one of the motorbike with all the tyre smoke.

Really good set, probably the smokey bike would be my favourite too :)

Just a few more....

sp17.jpg

sp18.jpg

sp19.jpg

sp20.jpg

People wouldn't get out of the way for me!
sp21.jpg

Nice shots all

Are most these shots hand held ?
Anyone using monopods ?

Mine were all hand held. the IS makes it quite easy on the 100-400L.

Joe was using a monopod with his Sigma. his shots should be somewhere near where you found this old thread :)

great set of shots, nice one (y)

Mine were all hand held. the IS makes it quite easy on the 100-400L.

Joe was using a monopod with his Sigma. his shots should be somewhere near where you found this old thread :)

Thanks(y)

Was worth bringing up the post again as some new peeps with the 100-400L and some thinking of buying one....these pics show off the lens for action shots :clap:

Great Set, reminds me of my visit to Santa Pod last year.

The noise (& smell) of the jet cars is amazing!

:)

Back