A sad loss indeed :(

63, reported as suicide...

Sad.

Made me laugh so many times!

RIP :(

Thats terrible news :(
He was a brilliant actor and comedian.

RIP

According to his publicist, who confirmed the news, the actor had been battling depression of late
and recently entered 12-step rehab stint for drug abuse.

He'll always be 'Mork' to me.

Spooky as I was only watching this earlier........

He'll always be 'Mork' to me.
Mork, yes, Hilarious :)
The childlike innocence :)

So many voices, so many faces.
He certainly was talented.
The classic for me has to be Mrs Doubtfire.
followed by Hook.
And of course who can forget the voice of the Genie in Aladdin?

Mork.. forever trying to understand humans... 3rd rock from the sun .. the only other comedy I know of that has the same approach.... Got to say not thought about mork and mindy for years and just did a google on mindy.. she was up there with falicity kendal and ONJ as the girl next door... shes survived anyway..

63 and suicide.. hard to understand... He does leave good memories.....

When I hear about celebrities dying my emotions stay in check for the most part.

There have been just two that have choked me up and leave me somewhat lost for words, Robin Williams being one and Freddie Mercury the other

Sad times indeed

Last edited:
63 and suicide.. hard to understand...

63, 43, 23

Yes It's hard to understand if you haven't been party to it.

Depression, alcoholism, drug addiction.

It's a Chicken and Egg thing - you can put them in any order as they feed each other.

Like many, he battled his demons but will be remembered fondly.

Last edited:
I am reminded of this. :(

"Man goes to doctor.
Says he's depressed.
Says life is harsh and cruel.
Says he feels all alone in a threatening world.

Doctor says, "Treatment is simple.
The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight.
Go see him.
That should pick you up.
" Man bursts into tears. Says,
"But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

Humbles me when I worry about little things too much when the massive darkness in others can push them to such actions. REST NOW

You are at peace finally.

What a loss

I think Centennial Man was a great film.....

Steve

Last edited:
Very sad news. He brought so much laughter to so many :-(

All that's been said I agree. RIP.

This is horrible. One of the funniest men.
I remember seeing a show of him life at the NY Met. in the 80's... One of the funniest things I've ever seen and sadly never made available on DVD etc.
Was lucky enough to see him do a short set at the Comedy Store in SF in 1991. Genius. RIP. :(

A very tragic loss indeed, especially since he still has many more mileage in him.

My favourite Robin Williams film is Patch Adams.

Last edited:
So sad, depression is a terrible thing
my favourite films of his were good morning Vietnam and the fisher king

I thought he played a dark character very well in one hour photo.

A lot of comedians are in pain on the inside, I'm sure this will shock a lot of people worldwide because we perceive wealth and fame as being all anyone could ever want.

Why would you be depressed if you had money to buy anything you wanted and people smiling and shaking your hand wherever you went, not that simple though is it.

RIP Robin, you left a great legacy that will make people laugh for many years

The line, "it was a run by fruiting" when he threw fruit at pierce brosnan in mrs doutfire still has me in tears laughing

Nooooo :( :( that is so sad

I loved mork and mindy.. My first cat was even named mindy

Such an awesome talented guy
R.I.P

Sent from Button Moon.....

Woke up to this news this morning. It's just one of those things that just knocks you sideways. It's only the other day I was watching "Good Morning Vietnam". We can only imagine the demons he must have been battling.
He'll be sorely missed by family, friends and fans.

So sad, depression is a terrible thing
my favourite films of his were good morning Vietnam and the fisher king

The Fisher King was brilliant. For Jeff Bridges too. One of my favourites.

NSFW - Brilliant!!

I thought he played a dark character very well in one hour photo..
One of my favourites - like the bit about the agfa guy :
"Excuse me? What was the deal with you and the AGFA guy? Well, Bill, I'm trying to preserve a minimum level of quality for my customers.
Your customers. And he seems to think that a plus point shift to cyan is insignificant. It's massive."

So many good films, hard to name favourites. Bicentennial man, Patch Adams & Dead poets Society all up their for me. Just as good a serious actor as comedic as well. Such a sad loss t the world. :(

This is horrible. One of the funniest men.
I remember seeing a show of him life at the NY Met. in the 80's... One of the funniest things I've ever seen and sadly never made available on DVD etc.
Was lucky enough to see him do a short set at the Comedy Store in SF in 1991. Genius. RIP. :(

That show at the NY Met was the funniest stand up show I've ever seen. The word 'Genius' has been so overused over the years but for Robin Williams, there is no better word.

RIP sir, you left one hell of a legacy.

Very sad day indeed, depression seems to be an occupational hazard for comedians :(

:(

Back