robin

Edit My Images
Yes
as you can see been busy with the camera. this little fellow seems to be nesting at the bottom of our garden.

robinclem.jpg

reobinfeed3.jpg

thanks for looking, c&c always welcome.
pbh

Well done. You can only shoot these tiny little birds with the kit you've got. I'd guess they're quite a crop, hence them looking a bit noisy and not quite critically sharp. There's no real substitute for getting closer, even with really long lenses, but that's the difficult infuriating bit.

Good shots for all that, and always an achievement to get them this well. (y)

:agree:

... or use glue :D

thanks guys. quite chuffed priase from ceaser and all that. little chap is actually quite tame until the camera appears, can get to within 20 feet of him.
pbh

Robins are bold little birds and good to practice on as they'll often get quite inquisitive when they see you and come to find out what you're all about.

What lens are you using?

100-400l on a 5d. these are 100% crops taken about maybe 50 feet away.
pbh

I've got some really good bird shots with that lens, but you really need to try to at least halve that working distance to limit the amount of cropping. Try to use a tripod or a monopod if you can - it makes all the difference even with IS.

cheers ct. have an area in mind for a set up thats only about maybe 30 feet and gives a good veiw of his 3 regular perches.
strangley it wasn't what i had in mind when i bought this lens but now i love trying to capture the little fella. tripod i have is a pain in the whatsit. can't put the lens and camera on at the same time because the safety lever is so long. need to mount the lens then the body.
pbh

Well with the good light levels generally at this time of year you're as well served by a monopod as a tripod. It's all I've been using lately.

Back