Rock 'n' Roll

I like take #3… given the title.

The falloff on the hand in #2 is much too strong to be
pleasurable IMO… or not enough!

All takes could benefit from a fine rim light. Though the
model has accentuated facial features, 2 and three are
very cool as #1 is not so flattering.

the highlight recovery on the face of #1 is too apparent.
the other two are much better exposed.

Crop 3rd one to loose the sleeve and you're onto a winner.
It's the best of the three in my opinion but her darker trouser leg makes her shoulder look wrong imho.

Crop 3rd one to loose the sleeve and you're onto a winner.
It's the best of the three in my opinion but her darker trouser leg makes her shoulder look wrong imho.
Yes you'r right !
Something like that : ?

DSC_4864.jpg

Something like that : ?

Not for me…
as the arm was defining the legs.

In any case, you got some cool elements
in all three takes so reshoot them building
on them and have a good time!

Not really, I'd have preferred a portrait crop just off the shoulder.
If you darkened the shoulder to almost black with a gradient as if it was light fall off it might work better for me.

I like them. There’s just enough detail in the blacks.

I’m not sure it’s really low key but there are lots of definitions. A softer key light might have worked better and a smidge more separation from the background - with a reflector? - would be worth a try.

I like them. There’s just enough detail in the blacks.

I’m not sure it’s really low key but there are lots of definitions. A softer key light might have worked better and a smidge more separation from the background - with a reflector? - would be worth a try.

I see what you mean, and thought about that the next day. I'm waiting another occasion to follow your advices, Thanks ;)

Do you think we can fix that problem in Photoshop or it will be too complicated ?

I see what you mean, and thought about that the next day. I'm waiting another occasion to follow your advices, Thanks ;)

Do you think we can fix that problem in Photoshop or it will be too complicated ?

Anything is possible but in my experience Photoshop is good for emphasising what is there already,
You might be able to get better separation with a different conversion but adding fake rim light will be exceedingly hard to do convincingly.

There's an adage which often holds true - 'you can always take light away but you can't add it.'

Back