Rocky Cameras again :(

Lens arrived, glass is fine but the slow speeds are basically dead. Probably to be expected on any lens this age at this price.

I ordered an old vintage nikon strap from them yesterday and an F2 focus screen so hope to have some customer feedback soon ish :)

My experience with Rocky cameras was the opposite of most people here. I ordered a Pentax Z-1P & Zenit E & they arrived well packaged and in fantastic condition. All functions worked perfectly and they arrived in four days. I then ordered another Zenit E & this, again in excellent condition as advertised, came in two days! I'd ordered the original pair without reading the many negative comments regarding Rocky Cameras, but have been pleasantly surprised by just how good they have been.

My experience with Rocky cameras was the opposite of most people here. I ordered a Pentax Z-1P & Zenit E & they arrived well packaged and in fantastic condition. All functions worked perfectly and they arrived in four days. I then ordered another Zenit E & this, again in excellent condition as advertised, came in two days! I'd ordered the original pair without reading the many negative comments regarding Rocky Cameras, but have been pleasantly surprised by just how good they have been.
Well it's good to hear a positive experience, I still wouldn't give him the opportunity to p*** me off again though. Too many negative experiences.

Thank you for registering just to update us about Rocky Cameras, welcome and let's hope you aren't here just for this post.

I haven't a clue what a Pentax Z-1P is, but I can't imagine wanting one. Nor can I imagine the purpose of wanting TWO Zenit E's. Could you enlighten us? Context is all ...

Hi Andrew and welcome to TP and of course the F&C section, I cannot wait to see your photographs with the camera,s you acquired from your supplier. So I wait in anticipation for post two the photographs.(y)

Bookends?

and to take photos no??

Fair enough, one Zenit E body would probably be sufficient and with a Helios or other half reasonable piece of glass attached, can produce a decent photo.......

Fair enough, one Zenit E body would probably be sufficient and with a Helios or other half reasonable piece of glass attached, can produce a decent photo.......

Yes, but two could be used for stereo. I recall (probably years ago) seeing a description of a home made rig to mount two cameras with interlocked cable releases to make stereo pairs.

I've seen fairly clever things done with duct tape and disposable single use cameras to do stereo shots.

I recall (probably years ago) seeing a description of a home made rig to mount two cameras with interlocked cable releases to make stereo pairs.
I have done just this with my two Canon T70s and it works very well, at least it did until one of the T70s died on me.

Thank you for registering just to update us about Rocky Cameras, welcome and let's hope you aren't here just for this post.
Wasting your breath Dave, he's not been on line since he posted that ;)

I've had a few things off him, to be fair to him most of the stuff is at boot sale prices so expect boot sale quality. The most expensive thing I ever had was an £80 Pentax LX described as well worn, and it really was. Got it serviced (badly I might add!) and it did a wedding. Lasted nearly a year before I stuck my finger through the shutter. Sold it for parts on ebay and made more than I paid for it in the first place.

Wasting your breath Dave, he's not been on line since he posted that ;)
Mr Cobra, I hope you're not insinuating that I'm connected to Rocky cameras & have posted to solicit some business!
I don't as a rule post much on forums, but after reading all the negative posts about Rocky Cameras, I just wanted to share a positive one!
Is this the way you always make new members feel welcome?

Mr Cobra, I hope you're not insinuating that I'm connected to Rocky cameras & have posted to solicit some business!
I don't as a rule post much on forums, but after reading all the negative posts about Rocky Cameras, I just wanted to share a positive one!
Not at all, I just responding to Dave, most people tend to make their first post in the welcome forum, introduce themselves and go from there, with
comments critique and photo sharing.

However as you can see from the other comments, many companies employ shill posters to seek out negative responses's
they join up, make a post or two and disappear again. We've seen it time and time again ;)

I trust you will stick around and become a regular visitor, posting around the forums and sharing images (y)

Welcome Andrew, this is a friendly place so I hope you get involved, especially in the Film & Conventional section!

You must understand the suspicion giving many people's experience of Rocky?

How did you find the comments on the Forum, if you don't mind me asking? Did you stumble on them after joining or did you find them via a specific Internet search?

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics on the Forum soon.

Welcome back Andrew, how about a few snaps to show your new acquisitions?

Welcome Andrew, this is a friendly place so I hope you get involved, especially in the Film & Conventional section!

You must understand the suspicion giving many people's experience of Rocky?

How did you find the comments on the Forum, if you don't mind me asking? Did you stumble on them after joining or did you find them via a specific Internet search?

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics on the Forum soon.

Hi desf,
I came across this forum after doing a search on Rocky Cameras after I'd ordered!
After reading the rotten reviews both here and on other forums, I thought I'd wasted my money, but instead got excellent service.
Maybe in the past Rocky has been a bit shoddy, but I cannot fault the transactions I've had with him.
Also, in all cases, the photographs on the site were of the items purchased & the condition descriptions accurate.
People tend only to post about companies when they've had a bad experience, I just wanted to share good ones!

Hi desf,
I came across this forum after doing a search on Rocky Cameras after I'd ordered!
After reading the rotten reviews both here and on other forums, I thought I'd wasted my money, but instead got excellent service.
Maybe in the past Rocky has been a bit shoddy, but I cannot fault the transactions I've had with him.
Also, in all cases, the photographs on the site were of the items purchased & the condition descriptions accurate.
People tend only to post about companies when they've had a bad experience, I just wanted to share good ones!

Good stuff.

Given your taste in fugly cameras, I wonder how long it will be before you buy a Canon T70!! :)

Sorry, it's a bit of a running joke. (y)

I haven't a clue what a Pentax Z-1P is, but I can't imagine wanting one. Nor can I imagine the purpose of wanting TWO Zenit E's. Could you enlighten us? Context is all ...
Because the two Zenits were slightly different & I've always liked how they looked.
Regarding the Pentax Z-1P, if you know nothing about it, how can you say you wouldn't want one?

Good stuff.

Given your taste in fugly cameras, I wonder how long it will be before you buy a Canon T70!! :)

That won't happen! The Canon T70 is a dog, uglier than any Zenit!
I came across one recently that didn't work at all, but all my Rocky Zenits did - even light meters worked.
Considering the Moscow 1980 cameras I bought from Rocky are 30 years old and were bargain basement SLR's even then, you've got to love these big slabs of Soviet nostalgia! Zenits are basic, but they have character!

Good stuff.

Hey! The T70 rocks for the price........There are none so blind as those who will not see or is it There's none so deaf as those who will not hear........from me :D

Back