Rode Wireless Go vs Go 2?

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone please tell me the differences between a Rode Wireless Go over the Go 2?

I don't need 2 transmitters, just one for me and the receiver for camera.

Shot a YT VLOG, yes I'm having a stab at it, using a shotgun mic then when tested in the garden offered superb sound but in the actual field was bad with wind noise with even the slightest of breezes.

I have some similar to the Rode Wireless Go in the form of a Synco G1 but if I use the wind miff and have it around my chest/torso area is really quiet. If I use the supplied lab mic the sound is much better but I then loose a lot of the good ambient sounds.

Wonder if I get the Rode then that'll sort my audio issues and if I can get the Go mk 1 which is cheaper then all the better but I don't know the differences between the 2?

I think the main difference is that the Go2 is a 2 channel receiver, so you could receive the signal from 2 transmitters, ideal for interviews.

The go 1 has a problem with the muff which is essential most of the time - it won't stay on unless you use elastic bands.
The little clips supposed to hold it are almost entirely useless.
Otherwise practically the same and cheaper

I have the Go 2, and use one with a lav plugged in for the speaker, and the other plugged in to a shotgun mic for ambient sound.

Makes it handy balancing it all out in the edit, and no wires to worry about.

T

The go2 also has internal recording in the transmitters, which can be great as a back up if you experience interference or drop outs between the transmitters and the receiver.
However, I found the transmitters to be far too big to use without adding lav mics, so I purchased the picogear picomic 2 Pro, which has 2 tiny transmitters with batteries that can last upto 20 hours, and I've found they suit my needs much better.

Back