Roker Wave

… very beautifully dramatic, that! (y)(y)(y)

A powerful image, good work

Great shot actionwise very impressive. But the sea is really jet black, it looks odd to me. On the other hand the light house is pretty well lit up and colourfull so it feels unbalanced. If you are going for so much contrast maybe it would work in B and W but then maybe the lighthouse would get lost in the background. But might be worth a try?

Yeah thats nice, great drama from the sea, would like to see the sea with a little colour

Looks fab.

Agree with above. Apart from the wave and lighthouse the sea looks strange. If thats how it was thats fine.

Gaz

Apparently just saying "nice" isnt helpful to the photographer.
So, Here goes .................................. Nice. :)
Matt

Looks fab.

Agree with above. Apart from the wave and lighthouse the sea looks strange. If thats how it was thats fine.

Gaz
The day was very grey with a little sun now and then processing wise, I reduced the blue saturation down as the sky was a mishmash maybe I should have only sected the sky only. Also bit dodging and burning of the sea. I may process if again but only reduce the sky
Thanks for all the comment as it helps you learn and it better than just nice... ha ha

After a few waves like that perhaps the question might be 'where was this lighthouse?'! :eek:
Some one has already told you he is correct Sunderland Tyne & wear you need a northeasterly wind to whip the sea up

Some one has already told you he is correct Sunderland Tyne & wear you need a northeasterly wind to whip the sea up
Sorry Paul, but it seems you either replied to the wrong post or missed my 'joke'. What I meant was, if waves that size hit that lighthouse on a regular basis than it's a credit to the people to the people that built it that it's still standing. Back to the photo, have you tried converting it to black and white and see how it looks?

Back