Rolleicord Focus Setting

Edit My Images
No
Hello,

Yet another help thread from myself about my Rolleicord VA2! This is the last one.....I hope haha.

So, all three lenses were a bit dusty and needed cleaned on both sides so I did just that. I've since put them all back but upon doing so I realised the focusing lens had a dried oil ring half way up the threads from where it was sitting - which shows it wasn't seated flush with the lens. I screwed this lens back to those same threads where the oil stopped.

I'm now doubting myself about the bottom two lenses which are for taking the image. I believe the back and front lens were seated flush so should be tightened all the way but as the self doubt has creeped in can anyone confirm this to be true?

So in theory I should only need to test my focusing lens to ensure it's focused properly at infinity etc?

Last edited:
If you have taken the lenses apart, I would check both the focusing lens and the taking lens for infinity focus. Do this for the taking lens with a translucent film in the place of the film and view the image with a loupe. I do not specifically know your camera, but Carl Zeiss used threads that had multiple starting points. Start screwing in the lens with the wrong starting point and you cannot have infinity focus.

Back