Rolleiflex synchro-compur

Name
Carole
Edit My Images
Yes
6208-1406716049-b203c91fd90299113a854ea0420bd18b.jpg
Rolleiflex-guide-web-sized[/URL] by photostar_1 on Talk Photography[/IMG] After Dad died, I got all his old cameras. I recently had this Rollei serviced so that I could start to try and use it. However........I have no idea how to do that! I've looked on line for a manual, but couldn't find one that matched. (I found something similar but it didn't help). Searching the internet, I think it might be a Rolleiflex model T , (a K8 T2) judging by the images on the Rolleiclub website (image 31).

Can anyone help me to understand what all the knobs are for?
Thanks

Last edited:
Does it have a little needle inside it? If so, it might be one of the cameras with a built in light meter.

The basic concept is that you take a meter reading of your scene by matching the needles. Then you read off the Exposure Value, and input that into the camera by pulling out the lever on the left and moving it to the EV you require. Then the lever can be released back in and then moved to select the desired shutter/aperture combination (which are locked together to take a good exposure of the EV you set). Then you focus, and press the shutter. Turn the winding handle until it locks, then repeat the whole proces.

If you need help loading the film, I find Youtube invaluable. Much easier to follow a video than instructions, I find.

This version of the manual mentions the meter - http://www.cameramanuals.org/rolleiflex/rolleiflex_t_single01.pdf

Hi Carole, this is not the same camera but it gives a good insight into how a TLR works. I have a Rolliecord and they are superb cameras to use with pin sharp lenses, have a go with yours and you will love it.

Andy

Back