Roma

Edit My Images
Yes
Recently came back from Rome for the first time and It is, without a doubt the most photogenic city I have ever been to. I could quite easily just spend all day and night wondering the streets taking photos. Here are just a small selection of the many, many photos I took. Probably nothing new creatively speaking. But I really like them so I don't care. :D
I also hired the 10-24mm Nikon from Lensesforhire.co.uk, and I have to say, an astounding service from those guys. I Really recommend them!
(No they haven't paid me to say that).

RomeWeb-78 by Leokull31, on Flickr

RomeWeb-76 by Leokull31, on Flickr

RomeWeb-73 by Leokull31, on Flickr

RomeWeb-53 by Leokull31, on Flickr

RomeWeb-45 by Leokull31, on Flickr

RomeWeb-31 by Leokull31, on Flickr

Love your parthenon shot - I found it incredibly difficult to get anything in here as the light was far too bright from the oculus and everything else in shadow - didn't take a tripod so couldn't do a LE like you.
and I like the vatican staircase - nice composition and good to see it from this angle.

The other shots I'm not so keen on, partly because of the angles (I know it's hard to avoid sometimes with a WA) and also they look a little too cropped at the bottom.

However, it looks like you had an amazing time! Did you get to castel sant' angelo? And how many ice creams and pizzas did you eat? :)

3 days later and nothing. Not that bad are they? Or are people bored of Rome now? :crying:

As I've said before. You cannot force people to comment on your pictures. They will or they won't. You haven't commented on my photo of the Sagrada Familia. Why not? Is it that bad or are people bored of Barcelona now?

I really like that stairway photo by the way.

HopefulM said:
Love your parthenon shot - I found it incredibly difficult to get anything in here as the light was far too bright from the oculus and everything else in shadow - didn't take a tripod so couldn't do a LE like you.
and I like the vatican staircase - nice composition and good to see it from this angle.

The other shots I'm not so keen on, partly because of the angles (I know it's hard to avoid sometimes with a WA) and also they look a little too cropped at the bottom.

However, it looks like you had an amazing time! Did you get to castel sant' angelo? And how many ice creams and pizzas did you eat? :)

Thank you. I didn't have a tripod with me that day so I rested my camera on my bag. Seemed to work out quite well.
It was my first time using a wide angle lens so a bit more practise is definitely required. I did get to go to castel sant' angelo? Amazing view from the top. And as for pizza and ice cream? Waaaay too much!

Ricardodaforce said:
As I've said before. You cannot force people to comment on your pictures. They will or they won't. You haven't commented on my photo of the Sagrada Familia. Why not? Is it that bad or are people bored of Barcelona now?

I really like that stairway photo by the way.

I can understand that. Apologies if it looks like I'm having a whine. Any comment, good or bad is better than none at all.
I do try to comment on other peoples photos sometimes but I'm not a great wordsmith, (is that a word?) So as much as I would like to put more about how a photo makes me feel. I can't always find the words and I think just saying "great photo" may not be enough.

I did see your sagrada famalia photo.
Great photo! :)

I like the 3rd one it's a great shot i like the composition
The 6th one is another one I like I like the curve in the street kind of draws you into the photo.
Some of the others do nothing for me
But that's my 2 cents!

finnt said:
I like the 3rd one it's a great shot i like the composition
The 6th one is another one I like I like the curve in the street kind of draws you into the photo.
Some of the others do nothing for me
But that's my 2 cents!

Thanks. All comments are welcome, good or bad. It encourages me to try harder next time. (Assuming there will be a next time in Rome).

Back