Rome - should I shouldnt I

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Off to Rome for a week in a few days.

Taking my 24-105 lens and my 10-24 lens.

Questions going through my mind are

1) Should I bother taking any filters - if so which, usually I only use ND or Polarising ones.

Possibly the latter I guess for in the plane

2) Do I bother taking a tripod or not - this is the toughy question.

Feedback appreciated

cheers
Andrew

When I went to Rome I took the bare minimum because of the weight restrictions on the flight but I did take a tripod and found that it was more of a hindrance than a help carrying it around in the heat and the crowds although its cooler now, but as it turned out I could have left it at home as I did no night time pictures or multiple exposures, so I would say that unless you are planning on getting creative I would leave it at home but the 10-24 is a must. just my opinion.

I found rome way too busy for a tripod, i didn't do any night time photography but wished i had. Great photo opportunities whatever you take though. Just keep your kit light as its avery very busy place and having it all in a small bag will only make it safer and more comfortable to carry.

Thanks guys confirmed what I was thinking about weight - think Im going to compromise and take my smallish Giottos tripod, and leave it in the hotel during the day.

Ive seen some great night photos of the Coliseum and really want to try for one - I suppose another alternative is a bean bag, but even they are cumbersome because of their shape

Bean bag is easy if you take it empty and fill when you arrive plenty to rest it on around the coliseum

If you have a lightweight tripod - take it. Dusk and nighttime shots at some places like Trevi fountain will be well worth it.

Back