Rory

Name
Vaunynel
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my favourite from a photography shoot in Rome with Rory McIlroy back in May.

thestudio_01.07.2012-1.jpg

I would be really interested to hear your thoughts on this one - Why it's your favourite and what you especially like about it. I like the dof and it's nice and sharp.

My thoughts on just this photo is that I would rather not see the head and helmet cut off, but without knowing more, perhaps it suits the shoot - That's what I asked - Thanks for responding (y)

I like this photo. I like the processing, the pose and that the background is blurred but not enough to isolate him, so it gives a feel of his surroundings.

A tad more room at top and bottom so his hair and helmet were not cut off would have been ideal but, even so, I still like this.

This may be a strange observation but, usually the elbow nearest the camera as you have in this shot doesn't work but here it does and I think it may be because it is balanced by his nose. The two angles balance each other out. :)

Last edited:
TishA said:
I like this photo. I like the processing, the pose and that the background is blurred but not enough to isolate him, so it gives a feel of his surroundings.

A tad more room at top and bottom so his hair and helmet were not cut off would have been ideal but, even so, I still like this.

This may be a strange observation but, usually the elbow nearest the camera as you have in this shot doesn't work but here it does and I think it may be because it is balanced by his nose. The two angles balance each other out. :)

Thanks for your comment, though I won't talk about the size of his nose, otherwise he won't let me shoot him again ;)

I like it, nice tone to it.

As TishA said, it would of been nice to have a little less crop so you could get his full head in and the bottom of the helmet, although would that of looked like it was a helmet advert?

iDemonix said:
I like it, nice tone to it.

As TishA said, it would of been nice to have a little less crop so you could get his full head in and the bottom of the helmet, although would that of looked like it was a helmet advert?

He was holding the helmet a little weird. I would have had to edit his pinky finger....so took the lazy road and cropped!

I'm sorry but if this is from a photography shoot i don't think it is a good start. Perhaps you could post a few more for us to see. This one looks like someone said, hey there's rory mcilroy and you swung around with the camera and pressed the shutter.

dekeyboy said:
I'm sorry but if this is from a photography shoot i don't think it is a good start. Perhaps you could post a few more for us to see. This one looks like someone said, hey there's rory mcilroy and you swung around with the camera and pressed the shutter.

My fault, should have said! I was recording the moments of a promo video! Photography was about third on the list of important things! I had to do the best I could while the videographer got all Rory's attention! But that being said, if I had swung round and snapped a picture like this I would be very proud, as you would be....

Back