Round 3 of the photography competition - ends 22nd May

S

Steve

Mr Feeson our esteemed winner of round 2 has just been in touch with his choice of subject for the next round of the photography competition.

After much thought he has decided on..

Picture Postcard (make me want to visit)

This should give us plenty to go at and hopefully result in some stunning pictures being entered once again.

As usual you have four weeks to shoot and submit your entries, that gives us till May 22nd. For the full rules and how to enter please have a look at this thread Lets make this round even bigger and better than round 2, it’s a tall order but I know we can do it.

Have fun and good luck everybody. :)

Hmmm Why would anyone want to visit Walsall? This looks like involving travel! :LOL:

will this do for the next round?

postcard.north_back_2.jpg

Wow.

Difficult, intresting, and a good challenge!!
I will try to bring you here pals! To México!

lets see what I can do!

[smilie=b: TBH I had thought on the topic "Politics" but discarded that as its a bit unfair for those outwith the UK, but I thought this may be interesting as it does not have to be a Town or city, it could be a place, area or event even, that you can promote in picture to make someone want to go to [smilie=s:

So there should be scope for everyone, I hope anyway.

Wow, that's going to be a tough one, good choice feeson!

feeson said:
[smilie=b: TBH I had thought on the topic "Politics" but discarded that as its a bit unfair for those outwith the UK, but I thought this may be interesting as it does not have to be a Town or city, it could be a place, area or event even, that you can promote in picture to make someone want to go to [smilie=s:

So there should be scope for everyone, I hope anyway.[/quote]

LOL politics could have been interesting, but i doubt Steve would have been able to host most of the pictures ;) lol

Should be fun :D Who's going to be first to do topless ladies on the beach? ;) "Wish you were here" :D Classic British postcard.

The trick will be finding a bloke with a hanky on his head!

Oh Cr@p! Who's going to want to see Basrah or Fallujah?

Hmmm... may have to plan an excursion...

Arkady said:

Hmmm... may have to plan an excursion...

I don't mind seeing them Rob.
You may have a snap of my brother somewhere in your collection. :)

He went into Bagdad with the Americans to set up the British comms at the start of the last invasion.

Arkady said:
Oh Cr@p! Who's going to want to see Basrah or Fallujah?...

A couple of my mates are lurking around that neck of the woods. I'm sure they'll enjoy the delightful postcard shots :). Seriously though, I'm sure that is really a rich source of subjects.

iraq.jpg

lolol I pinched it off the bbc news website....

Anyone else having problems with the weather? All we've had is cloud, mist and rain. Come to sunny Southampton, lol!

Oz said:
Anyone else having problems with the weather? All we've had is cloud, mist and rain. Come to sunny Southampton, lol!

"cloud, mist and rain" = Scottish weather, welcome to my life :wink:

lol, this isnt as easy as i first thought it would be, proving to be tricky!

I have three possibles so far but none are up to my usual standard :LOL: :wink:

Arkady said:

I think George Bush might be top of that list :D

EosD said:
lol, this isnt as easy as i first thought it would be, proving to be tricky!

you're not joking, totally clueless here, no shots and not even an idea. I'll find something I expect

Oz said:

Were still getting snow showers here. :roll: One day its 25 degrees, the next it drops to zero. It's crazy weather. I've been sick for two weeks now :( Just a quick question for all of you. When do you all find the time to get out and take pics? I just can't seem to get out there. I've had my new camera for a couple of weeks now and I want to get out and play but it never seems to work out that way. I find between brownies, beavers, swimming, skating, hockey, volunteering in the kids classes, and so on and so forth there's just no time! I know you all are busy as well, some with families, so when do you all find the time?? I'm beginning to think this may be a hobby I will enjoy a little more when the kids are a tad older.

Cheers, Jewel :D

It's tough tbh. I'm doing a lot of weekend working so I don't even have them free. I'm tryinf to take the camera with me, and detour to and from work to try find decent places. The only nice day was yesterday, and I was stuck in flipping work!

It can be tough getting out with the box brownie, especially when you work through the night.

I try to plan days for photography, and try to include something the kids will enjoy.
Fortunately my kids are getting to the stage where they can be left alone for periods of time.

Jewel you could always take your camera with you for those events you've mentioned.
I'm sure you would get some cracking shots.

One of those was the family camera when I was a kid. Awful things - by todays standards anyway.

box2.jpg

With just under two weeks left we currently have the lowest number of entries for any round. I hope you are all just holding your masterpieces back and intend to submit them at the last minute?

If not I expect a full written explanation as to why you have not entered, after which I will decide if you should be allowed to miss this round ;)

Come on guys don’t let this great subject beat you, try your best and see what happens.

Back