RSPB 2018 Calendar

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Heard yesterday that one of my entries had been lucky enough to be selected for the RSPB 2018 calendar.

I took the photo a couple of years ago - I was in a hide at a local RSPB reserve and most of the other people around me only showed interest in the birds coming onto the feeders.
I was mesmerised by this doe bunny gathering nesting materials :)

At one point she pulled up an entire plant and set off running with it - the root was banging on the floor behind her as she ran :)

Nesting Time by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Nice shot mate, well done (y)

Davey this is fantastic,congrats also on the calender well deserved, but what a wicked shot. Weird how some folks are so fixated on a subject nowt else appeals, cracking pic. Ha had abrill time with three bunnies playing chase recently(I'd botched all the hares lol) they were all but bouncing over me legs got the odd snap but nowt like this it's wicked buddy. Sometime they are very very funny to watch Dave ,how don't some see this,especially something behaviour wise like this^^^ which hardly anyone sees.

Awesomeness Dave :)

Stu

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!

Last edited:
Davey this is fantastic,congrats also on the calender well deserved, but what a wicked shot. Weird how some folks are so fixated on a subject nowt else appeals, cracking pic. Ha had abrill time with three bunnies playing chase recently(I'd botched all the hares lol) they were all but bouncing over me legs got the odd snap but nowt like this it's wicked buddy. Sometime they are very very funny to watch Dave ,how don't some see this,especially something behaviour wise like this^^^ which hardly anyone sees.

Awesomeness Dave :)

Stu
Thanks Stu - I have talked to quite a few photographers and it would appear I got lucky that day as it is seldom witnessed.

Thanks Stu - I have talked to quite a few photographers and it would appear I got lucky that day as it is seldom witnessed.
Yes it's rarely seen mate me, Mick(Muffy:D) popped a pic up recently Dave. That's the thing you just deservedly got a place in the calender,i'm really chuffed for ya bro,but others stood right besides you barely even saw it let alone thought to grab some pics, there is a really cool irony there
funny ol world;)
It's such a wicked shot of such a humble subject Dave I love that and a rarely seen behaviour captured

Well done mate

Stu

Congratulations. It's a bit of a hare-like pose and yet it's a reminder that rabbits really don't have a hare's physique! They're a bit more couch-potato-esque!

Congratulations. It's a bit of a hare-like pose and yet it's a reminder that rabbits really don't have a hare's physique! They're a bit more couch-potato-esque!
Hares are magnificent :) The only problem with them is that they look so out of place when just slowly moving around. They are built for speed :)

To be fair to the Rabbit - she was probably heavily pregnant at the time :)
Zoom! by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's a great shot of natural behaviour that I don't think I've seen before Dave, so kudos for getting it. I'm also impressed that the RSPB would choose something other than a bird shot for their calendar, so even more kudos for that. (y)

Back