weekly Rubiks' 52 Photo Challenge for 2015 - Week 2 Fragile Added

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I've decided to jump on board and get involved with this years 52 challenge. Gutted That I've missed the first week but hopefully I will catch up along the way.

Please take it easy on me I'm quite a noob at photography and starting to get to grips with everything.

Week 2 - Fragile
905A2517 by MrRubiks182, on Flickr

Hi David & welcome aboard :wave:

Good start to your challenge , you've nailed focus on the shattering glass & caught the action really well :clap:

As far as crit goes.....the black cloth bg could do with a bit of smoothing out to lose the wrinkles , not sure about the oof hand holding the hammer ,wonder if having it come in more from the side to lose most of the hand & have just the shaft in view would help ?

Great start David. Plenty of action capturing the moment of impact. Great lighting.

As a fellow noob I'm hesitant to offer any advice or crit. But considering the comments above from blondie, there is a real opportunity to crop the hand and wrinkles out to leave just over 1/4 of the image (top left), leaving only the drama in the shattering glass. Having a quick play it leaves a pretty nice result.

As I said, I am in no way an expert...please ignore as you wish :)

If that's how you are starting I hate to think how good your going to finish :clap:

WOW.. Thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate it. Blondie606 I agree with you completely but i only had one go of this.

Best thing about this is that i was trying to take photos of water pouring into the glass and to finish off I wondered if I could capture the smash, Hardly any thought went into it and i loved the outcome :)

Brilliant action shot, David! Wow... what super timing. Crit has already been mentioned so all's I say is an echo of Simon's (@sr1867 ) comment above: if this is your standard now as a "beginner", we can look forward to some truly amazing images by the end of this year!!

Really looking forward to your shots over the coming 50-odd weeks... keep it up! :clap:

Hi, very well caught pity about the hand being in the way but thats already been mentioned, great start though (y)

Hi David, fantastic shot, and your timing must be spot on to capture the glass shattering :)

Hi and welcome.

Good start. Nice freezing of the glass. OOF hand, although adding context is a little distracting.

None the less, good start.

Cheers.

Apologies for the late comment - I'm trying to play catch up...

Great image! Very well done on the timing and for getting it on the first go(y) I agree with others on the crit. The highlighted hand feels like it's try to take over the shot a bit but knowing how tricky these are to repeat it's a smashing shot (y)

Back