Rucksacks for larger lenses & day bags

Edit My Images
No
For everyone that has a 150-600 type lens what bag do you use to carry it?

I have a flipside 400 but boy is it uncomfortable. It's way too short for me (I'm 6f2). I'm after something that you can fly with and carry a body and another couple of lenses. Lowepro whistler 350 looks nice but may be too deep to fly with depending how strict the airline is (and it's 3kg on its own)

Also day packs. I've used a lowepro photo hatchback 22 for years which I find great as it's not too heavy and fits a d500 with 17-55 and a 70-300 in the camera compartment and then has a generous non padded compartment for other stuff.

I can just fit the 80-400 in there in its case but it's not padded so I'm looking for something similar that has a slightly larger camera compartment. Best I've seen so far is the lowepro fllipside trec 350. Does anyone use something similar?

Last edited:
I have a flipside 400 but boy is it uncomfortable.

Glad it's not just me. I've got the 500 and I can't wear it for more than an hour, that's almost empty too. It's so uncomfortable, it's swayed me back to my shoulder bags. I now just use the flipside as storage for trips. It'd be good to hear if there's anything comfy available.

Lowepro Protactic 450?

Thanks. I think I'd looked at that one but ruled it out for being to short. It certainly looks as though it would hold the gear though.
Do you have one of these?

I do. Recently took it to South America and Canada. Carried a 7D, 17-55, 100-400, 100mm macro, GoPro, 430EXII and various bits and bobs.

Can highly recommend the old Tamrac Expedition range before they got bought out, highly padded, very comfortable with weight.

Unfortunately the used market is the only option.

Been through the book with various Lowepro bags over the years ,I now use think tank due to there comfort and lightweight ,for a long lens I would recommend either a think tank glass limo or what I have now the street walker pro

Back