Run away - it's another 365!! :D

Edit My Images
No
Hi y'all.

I've started my first 365 this year, and I've noticed that although lots of people are commenting, I probably need people with a bit more experience and knowledge to comment if it's going to help me improve. I'm also not very active on here because i don't feel like I know enough or am good enough to get involved, so I'm putting my stuff 'out there' if you like to try and encourage myself!!

It's not pics of myself, it's random aspects of my life as we head on through 2009, so I'm going to post each day that I've done so far (they were taken each day and hosted on my website and facebook pages with a little blurb).

Ok, well i'll best stop waffling and start eh? C&C welcome :)

January 1st, 2009

I’ve decided that I’m going to do my own ‘365′. It’s basically a photograph every day. I might not always be able to post every day if I’m not near a web connection but it will make me take at least one new photograph every single day of 2009. Or at least that’s the plan. I’ve not been motivated for the longest time, and I hope this will help me change that.

There’s no real theme, it’s whatever takes my fancy on that day.

I’m starting off with a photo I took today with my new nifty fifty lens that I got for my birthday. So here’s the New Years Day shot:

Meet Noodle, my friend’s cat.

Jan1.jpg

Last edited:
This is where we walk the dog of an evening, and it's a lovely, peaceful place.

020109 : Sunset at the Cemetery

Jan2.jpg

Yay, we went through to the next round!! :D

030109 : Torres scores

jan3.jpg

Last edited:
This is for my friend Sam, who is feeling a little low at the moment. The bear looked a bit like he needed a hug too, so I thought they'd make a good pair.

040109 : For Sam

jan4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why colds and flu bugs always wait until you're just about to start an important week at work before they hit you full on in the face :/

050109 : My New Best Friends

jan5

060109 : Sally-Boo

For those of you who haven’t already, meet my brilliant little girl, Sally. She’s a 4 year old dalmation/lab cross rescue dog who has been with us since November 2005.

She’s full of mischief and I love her lots.

jan6.jpg

Last edited:
070109 : 30 Seconds

I wanted to do something a little different today.

jan7.jpg

This morning the light was so unusual that I tried to capture it out of the (passenger) car window. We were moving at the time, and although I didn’t catch it perfectly and some bits are a bit blown out, I think you can see the light quite well. Hopefully later in the year I can get another, this time with the tripod.

080109 : Early Morning Light

jan8.jpg

Today’s picture is something very public which has a very personal meaning to me.

Meet my very own Wall-E.

Of course Wall-E belongs to everyone but this one came from someone very special who suddenly appeared, right out of the Ordinar:E and bought me something for my birthday that they knew would make me smile. And here he is!

090109 : Wall-E

jan9.jpg

Bella is the youngest of our 3 cats, she is also a rescue like Sally - and was that scared of people that she spent the first year she was with us hiding under the sofa. 3 years on and she’s a little more relaxed. So much so, you have to keep turfing her off your knee so that you can move!

100109 : Her Royal Kittyness

jan10.jpg

Today has been another cold, cold, benylin filled day. Remember when you were a kid, did you have a favourite blanket that you never wanted to be away from? Me too, and i've got a special 'grown-up' version. So I've spent most of it snuggled up with a kitty or two underneath the bestest most loved (if slightly tatty) blanket in the world :)

110109 : My Bestest Blankey :D

jan11.jpg

Only just found this, what a great bunch of photos. Keep this going Kitten, I will be checking up on this regularly! (y)

Thanks guys :D

I’ve always been a bit of a bookworm. As an only child, books were my only constant companion and as yet, have never let me down.

Recently, I’ve rediscovered Thomas Hardy, and now I’m a bit older, his works seem completely different to those boring old books I was forced to read when I was at school. I guess while some things stay the same, others change.

120109 - Tess

jan12.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely photo Kitten. (y)

I love to read (although not this type of book) but I go through spells when I just can't seem to pick up a book. :(

Thanks Fabs. I'm actually pleased I was brave enough to post this up here now, my confidence is growing by the day :D

These birds reminded me of the dancing starlings I saw when I was in Rome in November. They were amazing, hurtling everywhere, making such amazing shapes. And there were so, so many of them. These birds were just flying south - presumably they’re a bit late leaving due to the recent cold snap and decided to make a fly for it. The sky was so unusual on this one that I thought I’d try to capture it. Unfortunately I was only armed with my N95, but I think it turned out pretty well, considering.

130109 : Flying South

jan13.jpg

These are really great! My favourites are Sally and Noodle :) keep it up! great stuff!

Whats your opinion on the nifty fifty btw?

I absolutely adore it. My camera broke last week and I was devastated because I'd fallen madly in love with the nifty. Been using my bridge camera as a substitute and it's driving me absolutely crazy not having the same depth of field & control that I'd have with the Canon. I had no idea I'd got so used to using it!

Ah bless you! And commiserations :( better start saving your pennies for a new one!!

Thanks - after taking suggestions about repair v upgrade on here, I've got my eye on a 40D :D

That's an unusual and very well exposed pic. Well done. (y)

Thanks. I wished i'd had my proper camera and hadnt had to use my phone, but then I thought that it's probably turned out better anyway!

Great start to your 365 every pic tells a story, keep up the good work, sorry to hear about your camera , the 40D is a fantastic camera I upgraded my 350D to one in may last year and its so much nicer to use and hold the controls are so much more intuitive on it.

Sean

Thanks all. I'm really getting comfy now, and i'm really glad I posted this on here instead of hiding it away. :)

Could have sworn I posted in here before, seems not though. Some cracking shots ;) Really love the light trails long exposure shot! Bella does have an extremely long tongue! and I really do like the latest shot, not sure what it is about it but it keeps you looking at it for a long time :)

Strange day today. 2 weeks in I'm a bit fed up. I was so enjoying getting to know my 400D better and actually making some real time for photography in my life and the bloody thing broke.

So I'm currently waiting for an update from the repair centre while struggling with the bridge camera, missing my 400D and desperately trying not to lose my motivation. My lens box (containing my new shiny nifty fifty) is glaring at me and my ideas book is getting stuffed with things I can't do right now (at least I shouldn't be stuck for inspiration in the future!!)

So for something fun for today and to celebrate the success of my spontaneous mobile shot yesterday, I flexed my lowly N95 camera and decided that I'd take a photo on my mobile today of the first thing that made me notice it in Liverpool city centre as I crossed over to Liverpool one this lunchtime. So here it is - parked near my work, outside the old Atlantic Tower hotel, now the Thistle on the Mall. It's a bit noisy and the light wasn't great, so I've gone for a starker image than the original.

140109 : Bafta

jan14.jpg

Nice spot, well taken. (y) Hope your camera is fixed soon, must be like having a limb amputated! :eek:

Thanks fabs it is :(

I'm thinking of a mini-project - cracking open my 300D and taking some film shots!

Well you are coping well without the 400D...but just wait till you get it back! The nifty will open a world of new things to try with the DoF! :)

I did get to use it for 7 days, then it died. I think the first 8 shots were taken with the 50, and I looooooved it!

Back