Run away - it's another 365!! :D

Thanks Fabs.

Another mobile shot from today I'm afraid. I did have something else in mind but it hasn't worked out as well as i'd hoped (bad light and not really able to manage it with the N95 :p), so I'm going to go back over the weekend and hopefully catch it then instead.
So this one's just another from the waterfront. It's a bit too noisy for my liking, but I guess a phone can only do so much! Boy it was chilly tonight.

220109 : The Princes Dock landing stage.

jan22.jpg

Nice Shot, but like you said the N95 cannot do it justice :(

But at least it gives you the subject matter for another entry in your 365 :D

Chris

Tisn't a bad camera, no credit to me though, it's just turn the flash off , P&S and hope for the best :LOL:

I've just taken a shot for today, but will be posting it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Since I was a little girl I’ve loved technology, especially computers. From long hot summers that I spent inside playing manic miner and jet set willy on my spectrum 48k to the first pc we owned - which if I recall correctly, was a 386 which ran on DOS 4.0 (pre Windows).I remember the old internet connection that took 10 minutes to start and at least 2 minutes to load a very basic, very boring page, but wow it was exciting.

When I went to college to join a photo-journalism course I was introduced to the world of the Apple Macintosh. WOW. It had a mouse and a gui and everything. I loved it. I remember drag and drop being a revelation, and the floppy drive was built in. Over the years I developed a great love of computers, and always tried not to get involved in the old mac v windows debates - mac haters and mac fanboys tend to annoy me equally. As did the old assumption that I only used Apple macs because I didn’t have a clue what I was doing, or because I thought the colours were pretty. Despite the fact that I grew up with computers, I can build one myself from parts and did it in my spare time as a teenager and have worked in IT for most of my adult life, I couldsn’t have made a conscious decision to use an Apple Mac, surely??

Ironically, I usually knew more about the inner workings of the computer used by the person making such assumptions, and guess who they used to ring for help when it went wrong?? :p

I use both windows machines and apples on a regular basis and love them for their differences. However with the advent of the ipod/iphone revolution, so many of the mac haters have now conceeded and purchased an apple product. I think it’s a completely personal choice, but I will always love the style and fluidity that comes with macs, and using one, and that is why I used our ibook as today’s subject.

Much maligned and loved in equal measure.

230109 : MacTastic

jan232.jpg

Last edited:
Sallydog hurt her foot last night and so was allowed to lie on the sofa and be pampered. She adopted a very sorrowful look and spent the evening sighing a lot and waving her poorly foot about a lot. Looks like she stood on something sharp, but it’s a lot better this morning. However, she’s been allowed to lie on the sofa again so she’s dragging it out as long as possible as you can see by the position she’s holding her sore foot in ;)

240109 : Sally's poorly paw

jan24.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Pete :)

she moved very quickly when I just offered her some chicken. Then she suddenly remembered and started to limp :LOL: Cheeky madam.

I am a bit of a mac fanboy, sorry.
The reason is that ditching my PC and going mac a year ago has freed so much time up for me, I must have been mental for all those years messing about virus checking, defragging, running registry tools etc.
I don't think it matters what Microsoft do in the future, I'm happy here :)

I'm a bit of a fangirl hypocrite myself to be honest (hence the pic), but I hate the way some of the fans/anti's fight rather than just accepting people like what they like and aren't stupid for liking it!

On today's pic I'm not sure about Sally's eyes. I was trying to make her look sad, but I'm not sure if it works or just looks strange :/

Just catching up on your last few posts kitten really liking the cat behind the curtains, the macbook one is really nicely lit and Sally aww the poor thing she does look sad but I think that sometimes dog's can turn it on and off at will, seen charlie do similair things all sad and feeling sorry for himself them next minute happy as larry then when he realises your watching sad again :LOL:

Sean

Ah Sally is beautiful :) good work on the 365!

fankoo. Looks like I've secured an upgrade too :woot: just got to sort out the funds :clap:

Is it wrong to be this excited??

Thanks Peeps :D

Yep looks like the 40D will me mine, all mine \o/ Just got to wait a week or so *impossible* :D

i know Fabs, that's what's worrying me. The pressure is killing me already and I haven't got it yet :LOL: I guess the first few weeks will be rubbish, but hopefully you'll see me improve as I get more comfortable with it.

Not been able to upload these until now - had a very busy and tiring few days… but here they are:

250109 - MillyCat

Another of the 3 reprobate moggies that came to live with us after ending up in a rescue at a very young age. Milly is 10(ish) now and very much the lady of the manor :)

Jan25.jpg

260109 - George

While i’m on the subject of animals - here is Mr George. He came to us at the same time as Milly (George and Mildred, geddit?) and is now about 9 years old. As you can see, this pic is pretty blurred but I was tired and determined to get a shot that night. Didn’t realise how bad it was until the next day, but didn’t want to cheat :p

jan27.jpg

270109 - Star

I love stars of all descriptions (excluding "celebrities" :p)

jan26.jpg

It's a ceiling light! I've taken delivery of something special today, so hopefully a better shot will come tomorrow ;) (though don't hold your breath I can barely focus with it I'm so scared of using it :p)

Love the Millycat pic, looks like she's saying go away and leave me alone this is my space :LOL:

Don't be scared of your 40D (if thats what it is) they are very tough mine got knocked over a few days ago with a 100-400 attached which in itself is fairly heavy, they fell about 18 inches both survived intact got a slight scuff on the corner of the camera but other than that both are fine.

Sean

Cool, the 40D?

*nods frantically* :woot:

Simon - you would have been more confused when I first posted - I put the wrong days in, so under George - we had a star and under Star we had a George :D

Thanks Fett, I'm just getting used to the new clunkiness :)

I need a name. And ooooh i need to update my camera bag!

I have the star in my bedroom, because Vicki wanted it...

No honest I didn't pick it, seriously.

Hey Kitten, just found your 365 thread and love the start you've made already. Looking forward to seeing some good things ;)

Thanks Justin (y)

280109 : How do you eat yours?

You either love 'em or hate 'em - Can you guess which camp I fall into?? :D

If you like to partake in the odd chocolate eggy delight - just how do you eat yours?

jan28.jpg

Back