Beginner Rx100 M1 vs Mobile Phone, should i invest?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

thinking of pulling the trigger on rx100 m1 , will it be a lot better than a top end mobile phone quality?

I do not want it to be a little bit better, i am expecting "wow" what a difference for the investment,

The camera is going to be used for everyday photography bit of everything.

Will i be disappointed?

Wasn't sure if to tag on to yesterdays thread or start new , hope this is okay.

Absolutely! It's awesome. How much are they these days? Think my friend is actually looking to sell his.

Going to get hold of one for £170 i fi am lucky which i think is dirt cheap?

i bought a mk2 from here for £200 last year - IMO, there is no way that a phone can ever match a 1" sensor. Its not a camera that i lust after using nor jump to pick up ( the menus aren't so easy to navigate ) but there is no denying the quality of the results.

I guess it depends what you will be shooting..

i bought a mk2 from here for £200 last year - IMO, there is no way that a phone can ever match a 1" sensor. Its not a camera that i lust after using nor jump to pick up ( the menus aren't so easy to navigate ) but there is no denying the quality of the results.

How the automatic mode will that get good results for a point and shoot ?

That's quite an annoying site with the [...] left in and not identify which picture is which.

The menus are a PITA but if you on use on Superior Auto or Intelligent Auto they don't really matter. One advantage over a phone is the optical zoom and the Sony also comes with clear image zoom which gives you extra zoom without a degraded image.

Also check out the rx100 picture thread https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/sony-rx100.433610/

Last edited:
Back